Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: Dream Theater fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The MysticMicrobadge: Stephen King fanMicrobadge: Cooperative Games fan
I think it's Normal Timeline.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Fantasy scenario is AT, which could be Alternate Timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sounds convincing, in german it is NZ which could be Normale Zeitlinie.
And AZ: Alternative Zeitlinie
I've wondered the question myself but somehow forgot about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Microbadge: GameChat League - Phoenix Division: "Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..."Microbadge: A Study in Emerald fanMicrobadge: Built to Spill fanMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: The 7th Continent
Kløve wrote:

You may well be right, but some of the content of the scenario is decidedly not Normal, so it's not the best descriptor. Some of my group were expecting a more historically accurate treatment of the time period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Myth fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Specter Ops fan
I thought it was a non-religious way of saying B.C. (before Christ) and A.D. (Anno Domini). Don't know what the letters would stand for, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
Microbadge: 2014 Golden Geek Winner
A potential explanation without spoilers :

Let's say the Normal (or Neutral ?) Timeline is the one which leads to the invention of the time machine (ours?).

Because time travel exists (and is probably not the agency's monopoly), some people or events have altered the timeline to such an extent that an intervention becomes mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Finland
Espoo/Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
Microbadge: Winter WarMicrobadge: Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe - Axis PlayerMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Pacific fanMicrobadge: Tzolk'in fan - Crystal Skull Microbadge: I love Ireland!
woodnoggin wrote:
Kløve wrote:

You may well be right, but some of the content of the scenario is decidedly not Normal, so it's not the best descriptor. Some of my group were expecting a more historically accurate treatment of the time period.
The whole point of the game is that time terrorists of the future go back in time to try to change things. So for example there could be a scenario set in 1835 London with sorcerers from the future conjuring beasts in London Tower. Your job as an agent is to go back and stop them. You would go back to 1835 London "normal time", find the abnormality, and stop it from realizing.

I thought Asylum felt very historically accurate. Felt like the 1920s. Nice to play croquet and see the hats people were wearing etc. Then there were the time terrorists who went back in time to that era creating flying lions who we had to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls