Subject: Out of print and expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A D
United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
As the game is out of print, it would be nice to be able to use the expansion sets somehow. In an earlier thread, it was pointed out that the base game would be required still. Could someone confirm precisely what one would be lacking in solely an expansion set, that would preclude play?

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get the rules online

You will not have sufficient counters of units (mostly german) and order/status counters. You will not have also the bigger map used in some scenarios

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT are reprinting Panzer when MBT goes to print. Sometime near the end of the year or first quarter 2016, IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys. Sounds as though the reprint could easily end up taking another six months. If those are really the only problems...

I'd plan to use models, so the absence of counters would just be a problem if it followed that critical information would be missing. Maps can be made and printed easily and those in the game don't appear to be works of classic art exactly.

Just thinking aloud. Would rather simply buy the game, so it's only GMT's lack of wares that suggest an alternative solution.

I have the original Yaquinto Panzer but haven't looked at it for years! Maybe I'll play around with that and just over-watch from a good hull-down position for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Perfect timing - I was just wanting to compare the data cards from the original (which realistically, look like they were printed using wartime materials and technology). The new ones are much better.

I was hoping that the expansions would provide sufficient cards to play, or whether common German vehicles say would be missing, as they would undoubtedly appear in the basic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lundin
Sweden
Lund
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're intersted in the miniatures version of Panzer you can get it here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer (second edition) is truly a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:
Panzer (second edition) is truly a great game.
+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Good to know it's well received.

Andreas - Would that be a reasonable workaround to achieve a playable version on the board, using say expansion set 3? The basic map would be missing of course. If not, I'll try to obtain the base game (at its rather inflated price) on line.

That's assuming that the "gap" couldn't be filled reasonably by some helpful chap with one or two scans. : )

Seems like all I missing really is the map and play aid key cards (though not sure the latter are all that necessary).

Note that I'd be perfectly willing to buy a new standard retail copy, if only it were available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play a game or two using VASSAL and see if you like the game (you will). If you like the experience, then you can get a copy of some expansions while available. The base game will be available again soon, so you won't have to wait that much to get it.

In the meantime, visit The Panzer Pusher site and have a look at the stuff there: https://sites.google.com/site/thepanzerpusher/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Law
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Fernando, just a few comments if I may- I missed out on the original printing of Panzer and am very keen to play the game- I have read the Rules and am keen to "push" a few Panzers around the map. But I am very frustrated in having to wait and wait for the 2nd edition to be produced by GMT- I would gladly buy the expansions If only I could play them - but alas they cannot be used without the original game!- Yes I am stating the obvious but I believe there is an opportunity for GMT here to maybe Print the missing Charts/counters pieces... whatever and sell them separately so that people like myself could get into the game using the various expansions without having to wait for the P500 reprint. In my opinion this would be the classic win win situation for all of us!
Yes I have seen the few available copies of the game that are available on BGG but don't want to have to take out a bank loan to get to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Wawrosch
United States
Brimfield Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The January 15 newsletter from GMT states April for the Panzer reprint and the new MBT release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls