Subject: Variant "play battles" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note to let you know i uploaded two files in the file section of LOH; the files will allow players to play battles drawn during the campaign section.

The system is based on LOH "duels" to let player play battles without slowing too much the game.

(i think the files should be available from the 14th of November 2015)

Hope you might enjoy it and thanks to the designers for Legion of Honor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules file uploaded fine, alas file for cards did not upload, i reuploaded it again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dixon
msg tools
I really like this idea. However I cannot follow the rules. Could you explain what the result is (and which side suffers it) if the following happens on a line battle fight turn one: side 1 plays "line", side 2 plays "march". Which card do you go to to get the result? Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for your interest in this:

Following your example:

Side 1 plays LINE , the Line card says +3 to march (so this will cause 3 cohesion losses to march)

Side 2 plays MARCH , the march card says -3 from line (so this will suffer 3 cohesion losses from line)

+ is making losses

- is suffering losses

+ and - on cards are reminders of what your battle line might do or might suffer from different formations

In this case side 1 will hit 3 points to side 2, so let's consider side 1 has 10 cohesion and side 2 has 12 cohesion .... after this fight side 1 will have 10 cohesion, side 2 will have 9; first round is over, roll for random event and follow next step with side 2 playing and side 1 counterplaying cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dixon
msg tools
Thanks for working through my example. It is clearer to me.

It would help me if you ran through a complete example of a battle, so I can confirm I understand how it works.

Are there separate rules for solo play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
my fault, yes there are solo rules... but i forgot to write them down, when i have some spare time from work i will post them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
i posted a beta version for solo play in the file section of battle variant rules; try it ou and let me know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I find the file? I see only the version of 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerit wrote:
Where can I find the file? I see only the version of 2015.
First of all, i beg your pardon for the answer delay, i was "on campaign" from Russia

Anyway, there are no new files, just a comment on files section "variant battles rules" for solo play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing that up!
 Thumb up
 tip