Tomasz
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I really enjoy the theme of Trickerion and how well it is incorporated into the mechanisms of the game.

However there is one thing that bothers me a little bit and maybe someone could explain it to me.

I understand that I get less fame and money when I perform on Thursday and I get more of it on Sunday.
But why do I get these modifiers when someone else is performing on another day with me as a guest?
Yesterday I put my magician on Sunday spot and I got quite a lot of bonuses for my own show, but also for Friday show, where were two of my tricks. I don't quite get it in terms of theme. And it looked almost like it would be more beneficial to me to put my magician on Sunday spot(and even let others to perform all shows with my tricks) than performing myself earlier on Friday or Saturday.
Please, let me understand it

regards

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nudd
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We struggled to make sense of this rule and decided that everyone with tricks in the Sunday performance would get the bonus, rather than you get bonuses in every performance. Were we incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikelosaurus wrote:
Were we incorrect?
Yes. Payout depends on which day your workers are in the theatre, not on the day the tricks are performed. Only if you do not have anyone in the theatre at all the yield of your tricks depends on the performing magician. The Yield Modifiers box on page 17 shows all these options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaszkiet wrote:
Please, let me understand it
Hm. This rule is thematically, um, trickier than others, I agree. Let me give it a try: Maybe it helps if you remember that this game is about the fame you collect, as an aspiring magician and possible successor of Big D., not only about the details of the tricks performed. By reserving a theatre for a certain day you impress people and enhance the value of any guest shows you give. And making an impression is what this kind of business is all about.

"Did you hear that H. reserved the complete Grand Magorian for this Sunday? And he does not even give a performance!"
"He must have something really big up his sleeve. But wait, it looks like he will be a guest performer in the Riverside on Friday!"
"I would not have gone there, but in that case I cannot miss the show. Maybe we'll get a glimpse of what he is up to?"
"That's what I thought. Friday 8 o'clock sharp in front of the Riverside, OK?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply.
It's something, but I'm not completely convinced yet

Edit:

It was discussed already, but I didn't find it until now.
Sorry for the duplicate topic.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1314313/performance-yield-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaszkiet wrote:
Sorry for the duplicate topic.
Well, I am glad that I came up, without being aware of the other thread, with a very similar thematic reasoning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls