Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Platt
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
STOP POKING MEEEE!
badge
This is not my pokerface... I'm just really dull.
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the earlier rules question regarding drawing two cards when sending two cubes, but this lead to a timing situation this weekend. Hopefully, someone can confirm that I played this correctly.

I had cubes in both shops of one of the supervisor "double-spaces". I only had one camel, not two, when I sent the supervisor there. Because other posts have indicated that you choose the order of cubes in that situation, I paid a camel to send one of the cubes from my stock, then drew a card due to my Caravanserai. It happened to be the "get three camels" card. So, I immediately cashed it in so I could send the other cube from my personal stock instead of from the board.

Was this legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. The rules state that the affected cubes are sent to the caravan immediately. If you have camels to prevent it, that's when you use them.

Choosing the order would be important if cubes from different players were sent to the caravan since they might end up on different levels which will affect points awarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that cards can be played at two times during a player's turn:

1) When it is time to choose a group of dice you may discard 1 card.

2) During a free action: At any oth time during their game turn a player may play a card to trigger the effects described on it's face. The number of cards a player may use during their turn is unlimited.

Part two says it all. You can use cards at any time you want to get their effect. The cards override the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Marostica
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My interpretation of the rules would indicate that what you did was illegal.

"If the Supervisor's movement ends beside one or several shops containg cubes, the cubes in those shops (no matter whose cubes they are) are automatically sent to the caravan following the order chosen by the player who has moved the Supervisor."

The two cubes are loaded onto the caravan at precisely the same time, you simply have the choice of which of the two spaces they will each occupy. Once both of the cubes have been placed on the caravan, you would then draw
the two cards simultaneously.

However, you are welcome to interpret the rules however you like. I'm sure someone from Ystari will clear this up shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Platt
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
STOP POKING MEEEE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter:
I get that I can use the card immediately -- makes sense. The question is whether I would be allowed to have the card I used at that exact moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Hello everybody,

This is a good question !

The goods are sent immediately (and at the same time) and before the cards are drawn. So it's not possible to take benefit from the card.

Regards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Platt
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
STOP POKING MEEEE!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The majority (not to mention someone that counts as authoritative) confirms that it was a no-no. I take solace from knowing that it wouldn't have cut the lead down enough to make a difference, though. My thanks to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chantigny
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karis wrote:
Hello everybody,

This is a good question !

The goods are sent immediately (and at the same time) and before the cards are drawn. So it's not possible to take benefit from the card.

Regards,
Cyril

thanks Cyril, I had a question like this and well it's now answered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.