A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of "After combat" events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are after combat events resolved (i.e. "when you lose" or "when you win"). Are claim values resolved first and then those events can play, or vice versa.

The Rulebook doesn't appear to depict any Action window in there, so I would assume after claim resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow the 4.2.X steps - first Declare the winner (and loser) of the combat, then Unopposed is awarded, then Claim is awarded, then Keywords (Renown etc.) are processed - you can use DUCK as an acronym for these steps.

If you have an event or reaction that applies 'after you win' or 'after you lose' a combat, they are resolved or played after the first step - Declare winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lytic Phage
msg tools
Sargeras777 wrote:
How are after combat events resolved (i.e. "when you lose" or "when you win"). Are claim values resolved first and then those events can play, or vice versa.

The Rulebook doesn't appear to depict any Action window in there, so I would assume after claim resolution.

Corey's answer is correct. Note that interrupts/reactions do NOT require "action windows" - unlike "action" "challenges action" and things that are performed as player actions (e.g. Ambushing a card).

The detailed timing info for challenges, on RR p28, explicitly states the following after that step: TIMING NOTE: Reactions to winning and/or losing the challenge may be initiated after the completion of this step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In other words, there's no chance his intrigue victory pulls out of my hand the card to use my Direwolf to kill one of his characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
In other words, there's no chance his intrigue victory pulls out of my hand the card to use my Direwolf to kill one of his characters.

Correct. Assuming you're talking about 'Like Warm Rain', you play that as a Reaction the first step, when you lose an intrigue challenge. That event resolves.

Only in the third step will his claim resolve, and at that point you lose a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.