Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I got the email this morning from PM that my pledge was unlocked and I needed to finalize it if I wanted my rewards. So I assumed this was them unlocking the pledge so I could pay for shipping...

However, I went in pledge and went through the whole thing, locked it all back in, but was still not charged anything for shipping? Has anyone else gotten these emails or been able to go in and finalize their pledge with shipping? Wanted to see what was going on with everyone else before I emailed Nikki about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter comments say they'll be coming out with an update shortly to address the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I got an email saying I have never chosen any reward, despite the fact that I have confirmed my pledge and add-ons at least 4 times. I hope this gets sorted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
Got the mail, logged in and went throught the steps and payed another $20 for shipping to Norway. Printed stuff only, no base game. Hopefully nothings screwed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
It was again a very unfortunate move from mcg.
They unlocked the pm for everyone so that an automated email was sent. That was very poorly worded. Basically it said that we havent choosen any rewards and would loose all our money id we ignored it.
Thats not the case. If we want early shipping we were supposed to clise the PM again with the shipping cost they added.
Now the next problem: Apparently the fulfilment company came up with the shipping cost. So they have a price per item (does not have to be one item in the pm) for shipping. So for some people they added everything and came up with some very high costs.
MCG is looking in to it and is going to adress the problems in an update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank's for the quick response guys! I never keep up w/ the KS updates, so I'll just wait for an official update from MCG. At least this post is up here as I'm sure there will be quite a few other people with this question today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's their solution as recently posted: they are going to pay for 2.0 Material shipping themselves as trying to correct every issue was too much. If you already paid, you can work to get a refund or use the funds to apply to future wave shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The email I got said this

We noticed that you didn't select any rewards but your order appears to be closed.

If this was intentional, you can continue on with life being your awesome self.

However! If you DO want to get a reward for backing MYTH: Journeyman, please go back into your survey by clicking the button below and select your rewards from the add-ons page. Make sure you go all of the way though to the confirmation page to ensure your order is locked in.

I never logged in toplay for shipping yet . The thing is I added a ton of stuff about 250 bucks I rewards . I'm confused ? Also I have a number of items being replaced for free like the mini from first ks and item deck ect . The update made it worse seeing how I never opened the pledge manager to pay the shipping yet? Do I log back in and try it again seeing how I've paid already ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I got the same thing went into the pledge manager and reverified my order(Changing nothing, and nothing had changed)... Good on Megacon to just pay the shipping. Also awesome news about the Shores and Blackwell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I'm pretty stoked for early shipping on the expansions :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:

We noticed that you didn't select any rewards but your order appears to be closed.

However! If you DO want to get a reward for backing MYTH: Journeyman, please go back into your survey by clicking the button below and select your rewards from the add-ons page. Make sure you go all of the way though to the confirmation page to ensure your order is locked in.

I never logged in toplay for shipping yet . The thing is I added a ton of stuff about 250 bucks I rewards . I'm confused ? Also I have a number of items being replaced for free like the mini from first ks and item deck ect . The update made it worse seeing how I never opened the pledge manager to pay the shipping yet? Do I log back in and try it again seeing how I've paid already ?

My pledge got completely reset as well. I hadn't paid for shipping, but I had certainly paid for my whole order, and received a receipt. So, as per the Update's instructions, I just sent off an e-mail to support@pledgemanager.com, and included the receipt of my pledge. Here's hoping they're able to re-establish the pledge without too much trouble.

Yes it's an unfortunate and confusing situation. But props to MegaCon for jumping in and paying for the 2.0 Materials shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you guys need to log in, just to make sure you do not fall into the category of "pledge got reset." See here:

MCG wrote:
Issue #5: I already paid and my pledge is reset

This is the biggest issue in our opinion and also the one we cannot solve. Everything else we can solve on our end. Unfortunately, this appears to be a program/software error. To reiterate: we cannot fix this.

Backers with this issue need to email: support@pledgemanager.com

However, it is important to note that regardless of when this is solved, your 2.0 materials will be sent out with all the others per the Solution text above.

We also have identified an easy sign to determine if you are in this category. If the total you have paid ends in .99 (end with cents). Then you have already paid for your shipping. We don’t have any items in the KS that end in cents. All the shipping does.

Once again, if your total paid ends in cents YOU HAVE PAID for shipping. Do not pay again. Email them.

If your pledge has not been reset, you can choose not to pay for shipping and just pay later when the rest of the stuff ships. If you pay now, then it should credit, sounds like. I think if you have not logged in and paid shipping previously, it sounds as if it is unlikely this has happened to you.

EDIT: whoops, Spoke too soon. Sounds like this did happen to Tom, who posted right before me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I on the other hand would like to wait and get the 2.0 material with base boxes if it saves me any money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
noahshu wrote:

My pledge got completely reset as well. I hadn't paid for shipping, but I had certainly paid for my whole order, and received a receipt. So, as per the Update's instructions, I just sent off an e-mail to support@pledgemanager.com, and included the receipt of my pledge. Here's hoping they're able to re-establish the pledge without too much trouble.

Yes it's an unfortunate and confusing situation. But props to MegaCon for jumping in and paying for the 2.0 Materials shipping.

Actually, the way I understand the update, I don't think anything is wrong with your pledge. The only people who need to email support are the one's who have a pledge with cents. You can just log in and lock in your pledge and you should be fine. This is what happened to me, I received the email, and I just jumped in and locked my pledge back in and was not charged anything for shipping. I went back and checked my pledge again, and I do not have any cents at the end of my pledge amount and all the things I added to my pledge are still there and my total amount paid is correct... everything is 100% correct, I just had to lock it back in again.

So all that said, you should log back into your PM account and just look over everything before you send out any emails and there's a good chance you just need to submit it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not charged shipping either, and simply re-confirmed my pledge.

My question is, if we weren't charged shipping, will we still be able to play at a later date to receive the expansions early, as indicated in the last update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hect
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I only pledged for the 2.0 upgrade stuff ($6.00). I logged in to the PM last night, entered my CC info, and paid $8.99 shipping (which seemed really high, but whatever, I just want to be done with it). I logged back into the PM just now, and it still shows I paid the $8.99.

So I need to email someone now and get a refund for the shipping?

I've never got into all the banter online about how everything with the 1.0 stuff was messed up. I just patiently waited as my stuff slowly dribbled in here and there. I saw all the complaints about the rules, and the updates, and how there would be a 2.0 reprint I could pledge on to fix everything. I shelved the game, and it has sat patiently until I received all the corrected updates.

Now this? NOTHING has gone correctly on this game. It's laughable. And maybe not all of it was directly MegaCons fault, but come on! Nothing shipped to me as it was supposed to. Good grief. (sorry for the rant, I feel better now) :-)

So who do I email?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Free shipping is good news for us dwellers at the edge of existence. Megacon will start to win a few people over if this is how they respond to problems in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a full KS1 pledge, so I did all the stuff you need to do to make sure everything was upgraded. When I logged into my pledge manager today, my order seemed empty, but when I stepped back through the process, it remembered everything I had added and already paid without a problem. (I think).

My list of non-journeyman 2.0 stuff in the pledge manager is as follows:

Myth 2nd edition Printed Materials
Item Expansion 1 (2.0)
Quest Expansion 1 (2.0)
Quest Expansion 2 (2.0)
2.0 Monster Card Deal
Spriggan 2.0
Trickster 2.0 (Cards only)
Skald 2.0 (Cards only)

Am I missing anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonR32 wrote:
I only pledged for the 2.0 upgrade stuff ($6.00). I logged in to the PM last night, entered my CC info, and paid $8.99 shipping (which seemed really high, but whatever, I just want to be done with it). I logged back into the PM just now, and it still shows I paid the $8.99.

I've never got into all the banter online about how everything with the 1.0 stuff was messed up. I just patiently waited as my stuff slowly dribbled in here and there. I saw all the complaints about the rules, and the updates, and how there would be a 2.0 reprint I could pledge on to fix everything. I shelved the game, and it has sat patiently until I received all the corrected updates.

Now this? NOTHING has gone correctly on this game. It's laughable. And maybe not all of it was directly MegaCons fault, but come on! Nothing shipped to me as it was supposed to. Good grief. (sorry for the rant, I feel better now) :-)

So who do I email?

Ok, so you paid for shipping last night, but your PM account is still locked, correct? If so, then typically you wouldn't have to do anything and your shipping cost would simply be applied to your next shipment. However, if you only got the 2.0 stuff and you aren't getting anything else, then you can email MCG to get them to refund the shipping cost. I would just email Nikki if I was you and I'm sure she can point you in the right direction.

Now, if you paid for shipping and your PM account is not locked in, THAT'S when you need to contact PM support, but that doesn't sound like it's the case with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonR32 wrote:

From the last update:

Quote:

This is the biggest issue in our opinion and also the one we cannot solve. Everything else we can solve on our end. Unfortunately, this appears to be a program/software error. To reiterate: we cannot fix this.

However, it is important to note that regardless of when this is solved, your 2.0 materials will be sent out with all the others per the Solution text above.

We also have identified an easy sign to determine if you are in this category. If the total you have paid ends in .99 (end with cents). Then you have already paid for your shipping. We don’t have any items in the KS that end in cents. All the shipping does.

Once again, if your total paid ends in cents YOU HAVE PAID for shipping. Do not pay again. Email them.

If you are in either of the last two categories, you need to email: support@pledgemanager.com.

I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of thing happens to new companies with high volumes of individual ala carte shipments. I think new KS creators should minimize add-ons for their early projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
I think new KS creators should minimize add-ons for their early projects.
That is an exceptionally smart idea. Kickstarters that are *simple* are SO much easier to manage, for creators, AND pledgers! You can have lots of STUFF, but it needs to be grouped into "Main Package" and "Add-on Package 1". Pretty much every Kickstarter that has had troubles (except for the ones that just up and disappeared) have run into problems because of a HUGE number of add-ons and/or available options. Keep it simple, and it WILL succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Franklin
United States
Clinton
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
jasonR32 wrote:

From the last update:

Quote:

If you are in either of the last two categories, you need to email: support@pledgemanager.com.

I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of thing happens to new companies with high volumes of individual ala carte shipments. I think new KS creators should minimize add-ons for their early projects.

Yes, but you are missing the key part of that (I have bolded above). This is ONLY if you paid for shipping AND your pledge is unlocked. This is to keep people from paying for shipping twice. Unless Jason's pledge is unlocked, then there is no need to contact PM support, he would need to contact MCG to try and get a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
I think new KS creators should minimize add-ons for their early projects.
That is an exceptionally smart idea. Kickstarters that are *simple* are SO much easier to manage, for creators, AND pledgers! You can have lots of STUFF, but it needs to be grouped into "Main Package" and "Add-on Package 1". Pretty much every Kickstarter that has had troubles (except for the ones that just up and disappeared) have run into problems because of a HUGE number of add-ons and/or available options. Keep it simple, and it WILL succeed.

KS is evolving and it seems like the new thing for early 2015 was 'backer pays all shipping'. The newest thing in late 2015 is 'Big Box, Simple fulfillment' now that dozens of KS have found out the logistical nightmare is not worth allowing backers to ala carte.

Some are also experimenting with forced upselling which seems to be working as they know a large majority already 'all-in' and people on the fence often will 'all-in' over 'all-out'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nkelsch wrote:
KS is evolving and it seems like the new thing for early 2015 was 'backer pays all shipping'.
As much as I like not paying real rates for shipping I whole-heartedly endorse this because it's the only way to make sure that creators don't get hosed with changing (increasing) postal costs.

nkelsch wrote:
The newest thing in late 2015 is 'Big Box, Simple fulfillment' now that dozens of KS have found out the logistical nightmare is not worth allowing backers to ala carte.
Ayup, same here. I *like* picking-and-choosing but it's cause so many nightmares in past projects.

nkelsch wrote:
Some are also experimenting with forced upselling which seems to be working as they know a large majority already 'all-in' and people on the fence often will 'all-in' over 'all-out'.
This one I'm unclear on. How are they forcing the upselling? Is it just filling a box with goodies or is it Base game = $50, Game+Expansion 1 = $70, Game+ALL Expansions = $200 thing? Or do you mean Base game = $50, Base game + all stretch goals = $75?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSgt Keats
msg tools
This error was on par for typical MCG, but their response was much better than their expected behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.