Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked the Lannister vs Stark short game.

Are there any short game decklists?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Barnhart
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any deck lists quick games with a single Core Set
With one core I would just do Kingslayer. Smash two factions together and add 10 neutrals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Any deck lists quick games with a single Core Set
As Robert said, you could use the Kingslayer format (example decks are listed at the back of the Learn To Play booklet.

Or if you like the short game ("Introduction Mode"), no deck building is required anyway because you just take the 20 faction cards and add neutral and plots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
positivelyrob wrote:
With one core I would just do Kingslayer. Smash two factions together and add 10 neutrals.

Ten neutrals? Three coalitions get 7 and one 8; none 10.

defensiveian wrote:
As Robert said, you could use the Kingslayer format (example decks are listed at the back of the Learn To Play booklet.

Or if you like the short game ("Introduction Mode"), no deck building is required anyway because you just take the 20 faction cards and add neutral and plots.

That's what I asked for. I want to play the quick games, so I'm asking about decklists of the neutral cards and plots in a 1v1 short game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kingslayer rules don't refer to the starting decks. What it means is to choose all the cards from two factions, 10 or more neutrals of your choice, and 7 plots of your choice. These decks are a good starting experience if you want more variety than the starter decks

Making the decks smaller (like stark vs Lannister intro) doesn't really make games shorter since the game usually ends due to power total anyway and the deck size has nothing to do with how fast you get power.

If you feel the game is too long with full decks, just play to lower power (maybe 12) or just call the game as over after the 7th round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemysław Rodzoń
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Just take 20 cards from a faction, and put some neutrals you feel are fine. It's so easy I doubt anyone thought about preparing exact card lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uday_pgr wrote:
Just take 20 cards from a faction, and put some neutrals you feel are fine. It's so easy I doubt anyone thought about preparing exact card lists.

Not that easy; there are 31 Neutral cards and I just thought if there are some experienced playthroughs perhaps for a balanced one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Well if you look at those tutorial decks they actually use exactly the same set of straightforward neutrals for each. So unless you're playing melee (more than two player) just always use those same two base neutral sets and add the twenty faction cards from each of two factions to them, done.

If anything will need a bit more effort it's plot decks. You could try using the plot decks listed [geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1462963/8-mono-faction-decks-2-or-3-core-sets]here[/geekurl].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.