Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I'm about to host a new game tonight: forgotten souls. In reading through the rulebook, I discovered that when transitioning to act two, the rulebook says replace all act one monster cards with act two monster cards. I don't understand this as I don't see any act two monster cards in the game. Or maybe I can't tell the difference.

For example, there are only one flash molder card in the game. So am I supposed to switch this card out with something else when we transition to act up to?

I have a feeling I might be missing the Act II cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they are the cards that have higher stats. More health, more damage dice and what not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are supposed to be act 2 versions of all enemies. Act 1 monsters have a brick background in the artwork, act 2 has a fiery background; they also show a I or II on the right side of the portrait. Do you not have any cards with a fiery background and a "II" on the side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be missing some cards. There should be 2 cards for each monster. The Act I cards have the monster pictured in front of a stone wall, with the roman numeral I on the right. Act II cards have the same monster in front of a wall of flames, with the roman numeral II on the right, and generally show upgraded health, defense, attack dice and abilities.

You should also have Act I and Act II cards for your lieutenants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems I am missing all Act 2 stuff including monsters and items

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:
It seems I am missing all Act 2 stuff including monsters and items

To clarify further, here is a link to the flesh moulder cards:

http://www.descentinthedark.com/2nd/tag/flesh-moulder/

The top two images are the front and back of the act 1 monster card, the bottom two are the front and back of the act 2 card. You should have both of these in your box. The act 2 shop cards have a brown back, rather than the blue back of the act 1 cards. Did you buy Descent used?

Note that there are NOT act specific activation cards (the cards with actions for the 4 monster groups.) You should only have one set of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
used copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
used copy?

Trade from a friend

But he's claiming he has some extra stuff. So I'll check back in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.