Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game after a trade a couple of weeks ago and today we played it for the first time. The wife, me and the couple we usually play with (he and she).

I went first to get it going. I spent my first couple of turns building a 7-city route. After it got completed, I put 4 houses in Baiern, collected my carriage #3 and collected the 4-point tile for completing a 7-city route. I then thought "big deal" all that work didn't seem worth the points I got and at that rate I figured I wouldn't get anywhere. I decided then to get the follolwing carriages as fast as I could.

Next few turns I built and scored a 4-city route placing houses in the pinkish, light blue, dark and light green regions and got no tiles but collected the carriage #4. Following that I built a 3-city route and with the help from the cartwright I got the carriage #5 and collected the last (1 point) pinkish tile for completing that region after placing my 2 houses there.

I had trouble after 2 rounds when I thought Zurich was neighbor to Augsburg. They are not and I had to discard my entire route.

I then built the most prolific route of the game. It had 6 cities so I collected the final tile for 5-city routes (no 6-city route tiles were available anymore) and placed houses enough to complete the dark/light blue regions (2nd tile) and dark/light green regions (1st tile) and collected carriage #6.

I started the final couple of rounds with a lot of the cards that I needed in my hand. This gave me time to be patient waiting for the 1 city I needed (actually I needed either Munich or Ragelsburg). I eventually got both and built a 5-city route that, with the help of the cartwright, gave me the carriage #7 to end the game (after the other players had their turns). In this last turn I completed Baiern and collected the 3rd tile for this region.

Final score: me 22, he 15, she 13, wife 12.

We all enjoyed T&T very much and rated the game: he 8, me,wife and she 9.

A couple of thoughts: T&T is not at the same level as Ticket to Ride as a gateway game since T2R is simpler, more elegant and fast-paced. Having said that, T&T is solid 9 on its own right (same rating I give T2R). There is a lot going on and many decisions mostly regarding the timing of the plays and how to manage the special abilities. Several different options are always available and never enough to imediately do everything you want to. And, if you assume that the other players will keep wiping out the cards on display every time the card you need is available and you plan accordingly, you will stop blaming luck.

I was very impressed with this enjoyable game which will hit the table rather frequently with our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.