MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very rough as to what's happening but there have been a couple of explosions and apparently some gunmen have taken hostages at a heavy metal concert. 30+ estimated dead.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
According to news reports, the French President had to be emergency evacuated during a French-German soccer match at the Paris Sports Stadium due to two explosions near by.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CNN now reporting at least 60 dead. Likely more injured as well. Still possibly an active hostage crisis going on. Heavy metal band was American "Eagles of Heavy Metal" ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.france24.com/en/livefeed/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like all of that secret and total spying on the entire global population still isn't working. I guess they'll just need to spy and invade your privacy more and more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
It's like all of that secret and total spying on the entire global population still isn't working. I guess they'll just need to spy and invade your privacy more and more.


I probably should have taken the advice I'm about to give. But first, yes, there was bound to be at least one idiot.

My advice. Ignore him. Let this be the last post anyone makes responding. And if any other idiots come along with crazy comments, just ignore them too, just don't even give them one response.

Meanwhile, here's hoping for the least bad outcome for things still undecided there. And condolences to all those affected.
27 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
LightRider wrote:
It's like all of that secret and total spying on the entire global population still isn't working. I guess they'll just need to spy and invade your privacy more and more.


I probably should have taken the advice I'm about to give. But first, yes, there was bound to be at least one idiot.

My advice. Ignore him. Let this be the last post anyone makes responding. And if any other idiots come along with crazy comments, just ignore them too, just don't even give them one response.

Meanwhile, here's hoping for the least bad outcome for things still undecided there. And condolences to all those affected.


The crazy ones are those who are claiming to be keeping you safe by perpetuating war and fascism.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure I had an eagles of heavy metal cd for some reason at one time!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So apparently France has now closed its borders. Meanwhile the theater is said to have had Up to 1,000 people inside and the terrorists are slaughtering those people. What a fucked up world we live in...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
CNN now reporting at least 60 dead. Likely more injured as well. Still possibly an active hostage crisis going on. Heavy metal band was American "Eagles of Heavy Metal" ?


"Eagles of Death Metal", and they're not a metal band. More of a "Queens of the Stone Age" / "Kyuss"-style desert rock band.

Other than that, I have nothing to add except to say that I wish people would stop murdering to prove some kind of stupid point. God damn.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gudjon Torfi Sigurdsson
Iceland
Isafjordur
Isafjardarbaer
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrible news.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Helms
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
So apparently France has now closed its borders. Meanwhile the theater is said to have had Up to 1,000 people inside and the terrorists are slaughtering those people. What a fucked up world we live in...


Source? From what I've heard they're estimating between 60-100 hostages inside the theater.

It's terrible. My thoughts goes to the Parisians and the people affected by the terrible events.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RHelms wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
So apparently France has now closed its borders. Meanwhile the theater is said to have had Up to 1,000 people inside and the terrorists are slaughtering those people. What a fucked up world we live in...


Source? From what I've heard they're estimating between 60-100 hostages inside the theater.

It's terrible. My thoughts goes to the Parisians and the people affected by the terrible events.


Wolf Blitzer from CNN. However, such reports are notoriously inaccurate in the early stages of these kinds of events.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for understatement of the day, this is fucking terrible.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope things get resolved as quickly as possible with as little loss of life as possible.

And I hope (futilely, I'm sure) that people will be more about solving problems from this point forward instead of using this as a chance to score political points at the expense of fixing the holes in the security of our nation and others.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuck. Heart goes out to everyone there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am extremely proud of the people in France, its been 6 hours and no sign of surrendering ! Stay strong France !
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty bad, pretty bad.

Godspeed, citizens of Paris. I hope you catch and kill these bastards quickly.


Ferret
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Anyone else notice the ISIS bombings in Beirut yesterday that killed 43 and injured hundreds?

No?

I wonder what the difference was?


Yeah I noticed...it was on Fox. Didn't see it covered anywhere else but admittedly didn't catch too much TV yesterday.



Ferret
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I am extremely proud of the people in France, its been 6 hours and no sign of surrendering ! Stay strong France !


And I am extremely ashamed you're an American.

27 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good Times
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
But I don't understand?

I thought guns were illegal in France? But somehow, according to news reports, these islamoterrorists still had guns?

And I was told by President Bush that islam is a "religion of peace?" And Obama even went on a muslim-outreach tour at the very start of his presidency!

It just doesn't add up!

This is all so very confusing....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"OMG A TRAGEDY! TIME TO SCORE POLITICAL POINTS!"

You fuckers stop it. Now.

46 
 Thumb up
6.30
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good Times
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
windsagio wrote:
"OMG A TRAGEDY! TIME TO SCORE POLITICAL POINTS!"

You fuckers stop it. Now.



No. Fucker.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4GodsS8k wrote:
windsagio wrote:
"OMG A TRAGEDY! TIME TO SCORE POLITICAL POINTS!"

You fuckers stop it. Now.



No. Fucker.


Is this a permanent new account Trey?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good Times
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools

The truth hurts.

Still....

I pray Europeans wise up soon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.