Hide
9 Posts

King of Tokyo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Freeze time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brad Wellman
msg tools
If you roll 1.1.1 on the turn that you purchased freeze time can it be triggered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
.. because buying cards happens after you have already finished resolving the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice are still there, though. Freeze time simply says (in English version): "On a turn where you score 1 1 1, you may take another turn."

Since cards can be used as soon as you buy them, and it's still your turn, it seems to me you can use Freeze Time the same turn you buy it, if you indeed scored 111 that same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
The dice are still there, though. Freeze time simply says (in English version): "On a turn where you score 1 1 1, you may take another turn."

Since cards can be used as soon as you buy them, and it's still your turn, it seems to me you can use Freeze Time the same turn you buy it, if you indeed scored 111 that same turn.

I would have to agree with this one. It doesn't specify that you have to roll it, just have it, which you do in this case. You may have already resolved the dice and scored the points, but it still meets the requirements to trigger the card on that turn if you buy it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
(Why you should quote cards when you ask a question about them.)

Right, taken literally it sounds like it could be used on the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:

Furthermore:
Quote:
4. End of your turn
Some card effects are resolved
during this step.

This↑ little tidbit in the rules appears to be there just for cards like Freeze Time. After all, you don't resolve the effect of Freeze Time until your turn is over, at which time you take another turn. Since you have it before turn end, there's no reason why it shouldn't be usable on the very turn you bought it.

...and that's the end of my redundant post...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Carlisle

Illinois
msg tools
mb
I would certainly argue that since the dice have already been resolved, they are of no effect, nor can be affected anymore. The pertinent order of the events are 1. Roll Dice. 2. Resolve Dice 3. Purchase/use cards. Thus, the person purchasing this card would of necessity not be able to use it until their next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
ReformationMan wrote:
I would certainly argue that since the dice have already been resolved, they are of no effect, nor can be affected anymore. The pertinent order of the events are 1. Roll Dice. 2. Resolve Dice 3. Purchase/use cards. Thus, the person purchasing this card would of necessity not be able to use it until their next turn.

The purchasing phase of your turn is during your current turn. And there is not a blanket rule for all KEEP cards which states that they may not be used until the following turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.