Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Discuss why or why not use this as a first turn hire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe getting the milestone for +2$ is very nice, but I don't think I would get this first turn, maybe second turn after a recruiting girl. any reason to grab this first turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my limited experience and friends' experience, this seems like a poor choice for first turn as it puts you behind in the race for almost all the other milestones. You may be able to make it work, but it would be a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This does not get your engine going and only gives you a milestone, which I consider rather weak. I would never do this as a first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As last player on the first round you get to see what everyone else has hired. If nobody has hired a trainee (and the first round trainee is being identified as a poor first turn hire, so this is quite a likely situation) then the 1st turn waitress will allow a 2nd turn trainee to grant a milestone cook that can actually be paid.

I think that being last player on the first turn is very helpful. For that reason, it makes sense to me that the start player will choose to put them selves last in the first round order of business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek Long wrote:
As last player on the first round you get to see what everyone else has hired. If nobody has hired a trainee (and the first round trainee is being identified as a poor first turn hire, so this is quite a likely situation) then the 1st turn waitress will allow a 2nd turn trainee to grant a milestone cook that can actually be paid.

I think that being last player on the first turn is very helpful. For that reason, it makes sense to me that the start player will choose to put them selves last in the first round order of business.

This what I thought too, that turn order is important. In another way, could you get the first to $20 in less turns than others? What about hiring 2 waitresses in a row to get that milestone? Could you come from behind?

edit: forgot that 20 first is not that good. Not an ideal milestone to go after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First to $20 is one of the less useful milestones. Yes, it's good information, but if you make choices that are otherwise subpar to get there, you will end up with no way to take advantage of the information as it's already too late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just remembered paying $20 is the better one, not the get to $20.

First to 100, much better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek Long wrote:
...(and the first round trainee is being identified as a poor first turn hire, so this is quite a likely situation)...

It is, and equally so is the Waitress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.