Popular Tags: [View All]
William Wood
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This the only thing I'm on the fence about. Thoughts? Does anyone love this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Prophet
msg tools
I love the plastic elder signs idea. They get handled a lot and are jostled in the bag. But I don't feel that desecrations need to be plastic. Hence $40 seems like a lot to pay when it includes items I am ambivalent towards. I'd gladly pay $20 for just the elder signs. Maybe I'll be won over when we see the actual items.

I think brain cylinders as sculpts would be more useful than plastic desecration tokens. Those are actually pieces that can move from place to place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I've increased my pledge, but I'm on the fence about it. I don't think plastic is a good idea for the desecretion markers. Even if you paint them, I feel a nice drawing adds something more to the game. As for the elder token, I've ordered and received those done by roolz on shapeways. The only problem I see is that you might be able to feel the number on them when drawing from a bag, if it's engraved. And if it's just painted, then durability becomes an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I look at it is that $40 is such a small amount compared to how much I've paid for this game. With that in mind I want the very best game I can get. I don't think you need plastic desecration tokens, but they will make the game that much more impressive.

I want this game to be the most stunning thing it can be, if only to justify my spending (in my head anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claymore Nash
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I absolutely think it's worth it.
I was going to buy some custom 3D printed Eldersigns for maximum bling but they alone were more than the entire Trapezohedron pack. If you think you'll ever want nicer Eldersigns you're probably not going to find a better deal.

I agree the desecration markers are a little meh though. I'd really like the Brains too but I understand why Sandy is hesitant. They'd be 48 figures for a map not everyone has! The Brood or Filth might be a bit more likely but that's still two GOO that aren't universally owned like the King In Yellow is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zain Hamzah
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Perseketuan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a high likelihood they'll be adding other stuff into this box (Brain Cylinder, Filth, and Brood miniatures, web tokens, etc) Via stretch goals. So let's hope!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Stockseth
msg tools
Ask me about Gladiators: Days of Blood and Glory
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This all raises a very good question and point.

How WILL these tokens represent their values? Will they be moulded plastic, thus having discernable grooves in them? Will they be plastic with a paper label on them, which will wear away over time? Will they be pre-painted with the values on them, thus causing possible variations in the paint which could be noticed?

Furthermore, does any good solution exist that is neither discernable, nor subject to wear and tear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
blackchance wrote:
Furthermore, does any good solution exist that is neither discernable, nor subject to wear and tear?

Put them all face down on the table and take them that way rather than out of the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claymore Nash
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
blackchance wrote:

How WILL these tokens represent their values?

Sandy said they'd be Poker chip style in the Kickstarter comments. Those tend to be pretty durable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my idea so I love it preeeeetty much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReptileViking wrote:

Sandy said they'd be Poker chip style in the Kickstarter comments.
Those tend to be pretty durable.

Oh, Really? I missed that bit!
I find that slightly more interesting than what I had been picturing:
(I had a 'warhammer'-esque styrene template set visualized:
... must be a 'miniatures-gamer' bias!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totaly disagree with this addon. I'd rather buy an expansion or even another game instead of spending $40 on redundant plastic pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zain Hamzah
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Perseketuan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we do unlock all the possible pieces for this add-on (plastic web tokens, and miniatures for brain cylinder, filth and brood units) then $40 is beyond being generous.
I do agree that right now with just the base game tokens, it's a leaning towards being too expensive.
But once we unlock the SGs for the extra stuff, it's a bargain!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sylverphyre wrote:
If we do unlock all the possible pieces for this add-on (plastic web tokens, and miniatures for brain cylinder, filth and brood units) then $40 is beyond being generous.
I do agree that right now with just the base game tokens, it's a leaning towards being too expensive.
But once we unlock the SGs for the extra stuff, it's a bargain!

It would if these SG would exist. But they don't or did i miss something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Venshad wrote:
I totaly disagree with this addon. I'd rather buy an expansion or even another game instead of spending $40 on redundant plastic pieces.

It's a good thing it is optional then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll buy it, absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Casus Belli wrote:
Right now I've increased my pledge, but I'm on the fence about it. I don't think plastic is a good idea for the desecretion markers. Even if you paint them, I feel a nice drawing adds something more to the game. As for the elder token, I've ordered and received those done by roolz on shapeways. The only problem I see is that you might be able to feel the number on them when drawing from a bag, if it's engraved. And if it's just painted, then durability becomes an issue.

I can't talk about the future injected models, but I can about mine (SLS-printed):

- Desecration: Just bling, sure. But they look great on the board, better than the cardboard discs IMO.
- Elder signs: Totally bling as well. But they look pretty cool too, better than the cardboard tokens IMO. Of course, you can feel the numbers if you spend some time palpating them (it's 3D, after all). If you put them downside on the table, no differentiation problem. Same story if you put them in the bag and don't take forever to draw.
- Painting: Once it's varnished, it's quite durable. Plastic tokens, once painted and varnished, don't wear faster than cardboard.

Just my 2 cts.

PS : And the 3D Ritual token looks just muuuuch better than the 2D cardboard Ritual. Still pure bling, of course. And still IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I really like Roolz Designs for both and am not sure if I should get offical ones sight unseen. If the other tokens are added I will get these but still keep Roolz in mind if I prefer his style.

If I get Roolz I will get the 3 point pack so they all feel the same in the bag. This will require painting in 1 2 or 3 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Margaret Walker
Australia
Moe
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well yes darlings that is the whole point....our pockets were still heavy for us DVM backers.....we wanted MORE!!!! To lighten our pockets a little the whole point is PURE BLING it is why we call it the bling box it will likely be a very limited production run fewer than 1500. Hence the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:

PS : And the 3D Ritual token looks just muuuuch better than the 2D cardboard Ritual. Still pure bling, of course. And still IMO.

I have to say, I love your ritual marker. For everyone to see:
http://www.shapeways.com/product/2PDWS5KB5/ritual-marker?li=...

I really hope Petersen Games makes something like that, instead of a simple triangle or pyramid. Who knows, maybe they can make an agreement with you and use your design? I like the idea of fans doing beautiful things for a game and being rewarded for it by the publishers (I have all your Mice & Mystics items, BTW, incredible work!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Casus Belli wrote:
I really hope Petersen Games makes something like that, instead of a simple triangle or pyramid.

Thanks. The issue with my Ritual marker is that it has a geometry that only SLS (or SLA) printing can make in one single shot. A similar model in injection molding would require about 3 separate parts, maybe more. Same for my Desecrations (they're not moldable "as is").
But I trust Fenris to model very nice blings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:

I can't talk about the future injected models, but I can about mine (SLS-printed):

- Desecration: Just bling, sure. But they look great on the board, better than the cardboard discs IMO.
- Elder signs: Totally bling as well. But they look pretty cool too, better than the cardboard tokens IMO. Of course, you can feel the numbers if you spend some time palpating them (it's 3D, after all). If you put them downside on the table, no differentiation problem. Same story if you put them in the bag and don't take forever to draw.
- Painting: Once it's varnished, it's quite durable. Plastic tokens, once painted and varnished, don't wear faster than cardboard.

Just my 2 cts.

To draw Es, just use a glove, and you won't be able to recognizethe value of the ES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:
I really hope Petersen Games makes something like that, instead of a simple triangle or pyramid.

Thanks. The issue with my Ritual marker is that it has a geometry that only SLS (or SLA) printing can make in one single shot. A similar model in injection molding would require about 3 separate parts, maybe more. Same for my Desecrations (they're not moldable "as is").
But I trust Fenris to model very nice blings.

As long as it's not a simple pyramid, I'm likely fine with me. Right now, I'm using a Bones semi-transparent tentacle and it works great. Hopefully the Petersen's will be even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
It is my idea so I love it preeeeetty much

You sir are a genius!
Thanks for making this happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Duran
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sooooo... now that the Pledge Manager is here, is there any way to get an update on what'll be in this add-on? I'm a DVM/Favored Ones backer so I have just about EVERYTHING but this is the only add-on that I'm really uncertain about. I don't immediately see the value on the Timer/Elder Signs/Desecration/Ritual Marker at $40 but I'm curious about whether any of the other elements were likely to be tossed in and/or whether any of the art had been finalized.

Given that I have to toss in the $40 now if I want to lock it in, I'd love a little more information before making the choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.