Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy of C-Cross today. I was literally dying to play this one from what I'd read about it online.

I want to confirm the following:

According to the rules, you can place a 1 pawn in any unoccupied field, or place 2 Pawns in two fields, but the 2 Pawns you place must be directly adjacent to each other, with just the edge of the field between them.

By this definition, you can never place a single Pawn in any occupied field where your opponent has Pawn(s). So continuing with this logic, the only way for Light & Dark Pawns to appear in the same field, is when you place 2 Pawns as described above and thus one or both Pawn might occupy a field where you opponent is also. IS THIS ALL CORRECT SO FAR?

Now this is where I got very confused. In the rules, diagram 3-1 (you can find the rules in the files section) shows a light Pawn at the bottom left of the diagram and at the opposite end of this same field, there's a Dark Pawn. How in the world did these two different colored Pawns end up in the same field. Neither the Dark or the Light Pawn, has any adjacent field with an adjacent Pawn of it's own color.

So this position doesn't seem to be possible, unless I'm miss understanding the rules. The other possibility, is to ask: Were these positions just set up to show examples, although the actual situations aren't possible to come by during actual game play.

Oh, one other question: When it says you can place 1 Pawn in any unoccupied field, does that mean a field with absolutely no Pawns, or is a Field considered unoccupied, if your opponent doesn't have Pawn(s) in it, but you do.

Anyone who can explain all this to me would be greatly appreciated.

Much Thanks,

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Arthur,

You really misinterpreted the rules. The German rules are a bit clearer here. You have to differentiate between a field (the c-shape) and a place inside the field (there are 5 of them).

You can either place one pawn on any free place inside a field or two pawns on directly adjacent places in different fields.

So you are allowed to place pawns into fields with opponent pawns anytime.

I am sure Ludovic will confirm that.

Cheers,
Marcus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Takvorian wrote:
Hi Arthur,

You really misinterpreted the rules. The German rules are a bit clearer here. You have to differentiate between a field (the c-shape) and a place inside the field (there are 5 of them).

You can either place one pawn on any free place inside a field or two pawns on directly adjacent places in different fields.

Cheers,
Marcus

Hey Marcus, thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate that.

I don't know if I've misinterpreted the rules as having taking them literally. Here's a real quote from the actual rules:

"On your turn, you either place one pawn on any unoccupied field or two pawns on spaces of two different fields that are directly adjacent to each other, separated only by a raised edge." Now in the Diagram to the left of this quote, there's a arrow pointing to a field that's numbered 1-5. The explanation for the arrow states "5 spaces for pawns on one field". So it's describing a C Shaped Section of the Board as a field and the 5 spaces within the field as spaces.

Is the problem that they use the word FIELD to describe the actual C Shaped Section, but also use the word FIELD to describe one of the five spaces of the C Shaped Section?

We'll get to bottom of this....

Thanks again

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm now thinking the actual rules are as follows:

You can place a single pawn anywhere on the board, provided there's an empty space in the field your playing on. I think I already understand how you'd play two pawns.

So do I finally have it?

Thanks for your help.

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
So I'm now thinking the actual rules are as follows:

You can place a single pawn anywhere on the board, provided there's an empty space in the field your playing on. I think I already understand how you'd play two pawns.

So do I finally have it?

Thanks for your help.

Arthur Reilly

Yes, you have it!

Marcus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic GIMET
France
SAINT JUST D'AVRAY
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Takvorian wrote:
Hi Arthur,

Cheers,
Marcus

I absolutely do ! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, thanks guys. Can't wait to play it again.

Arthur Reilly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.