Glass Road» Forums » General

Subject: Printing with solo player aid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Dole Melipone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there somewhere I can be sure to buy the errata-ed printing with roofing company replaced with solo player aid (English language)?

Also, what does the solo player aid show/do? I can't imagine there is much room on a building tile for detailed information!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mason
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player aid summarises the turn/draw info for each round. It's a nice to have as it takes up little table space rather than having the rules open and to hand.

I'd imagine all new copies are only this version by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Dole Melipone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pendragon13uk wrote:
The player aid summarises the turn/draw info for each round. It's a nice to have as it takes up little table space rather than having the rules open and to hand.

I'd imagine all new copies are only this version by now.

Thanks for your reply! That's good news, as I'm largely buying this for solo play. A friend in our group already has an Essen 2013 copy, but I'd have to permanently borrow it just in case I wanted a quick game...

I'll report back when I get my copy meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Dole Melipone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yey! Got my copy of Glass Road from boardgameguru, and it did have the solo player aid. Here it is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SDoleMelipone wrote:
Yey! Got my copy of Glass Road from boardgameguru, and it did have the solo player aid. Here it is:

How hard can this be to remember? Just remember this rule:

First shalt thou start at three, the third number. Then shalt thou count to six, no more, no less. Six shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of thy counting shall be six. Seven shalt thou not count, neither count thou five, excepting that thou then proceed to six. Eight is right out. Once the number six, being the sixth number, be reached, shalt thou start once more at three. Then shalt thou count to five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Dole Melipone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oivind22 wrote:

How hard can this be to remember? Just remember this rule:

First shalt thou start at three, the third number. Then shalt thou count to six, no more, no less. Six shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of thy counting shall be six. Seven shalt thou not count, neither count thou five, excepting that thou then proceed to six. Eight is right out. Once the number six, being the sixth number, be reached, shalt thou start once more at three. Then shalt thou count to five.

Touché laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel sorry for the people who are missing out on Roofing Company, the building they took out and replaced with the solo player aid.

It was not overpowered itself at all. But it could be used as part of a 3+ combination of buildings that was (as a combination) overpowered. Removing Roofing Company prevented any OP combination. (I think that removing Sandstone Factory instead might have done so also - but maybe not quite.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mason
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
I feel sorry for the people who are missing out on Roofing Company, the building they took out and replaced with the solo player aid.

It was not overpowered itself at all. But it could be used as part of a 3+ combination of buildings that was (as a combination) overpowered. Removing Roofing Company prevented any OP combination. (I think that removing Sandstone Factory instead might have done so also - but maybe not quite.)

I agree, I'd much rather have the card included and the choice as to whether to use it (and, really, how likely is it that all the needed cards will come out in the same game?).

Then again I can't really say I've played the game enough to know what I'm missing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Dole Melipone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pendragon13uk wrote:
gillum wrote:

I agree, I'd much rather have the card included and the choice as to whether to use it (and, really, how likely is it that all the needed cards will come out in the same game?).

Then again I can't really say I've played the game enough to know what I'm missing

Given that I'll be playing my copy solitaire, it's a good exchange for me. And I got myself the Oktoberfest promo at Essen '15 to make up for the loss of the building. Actually, the Oktoberfest is the first promo to actually make me want to buy something I didn't already have!

My friend leaves the Roofing Company in and says he'll deal with the broken combo if it ever comes up. I kinda hope it does for comedy value whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. I leave it in and tell people if you get the infinite combo and use it it's an auto loss for being lame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.