Subject: hand size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
just wanting to double check one thing. the rules state that your hand size is your # of elders +1. But the rules also say you can take an I or D card until you have at least one elder. So that means at the beginning of the game, your hand size is 0, and then once you have a mature elder it jumps to 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you getting the plus 1 from? The rules say "your hand size is equal to the number of your mature elders".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Where are you getting the plus 1 from? The rules say "your hand size is equal to the number of your mature elders".

It is in B2: Hand Size. Your Hand Size is equal to one plus the number of your mature elders. (although at the beginning of the living rules the size is changed to # of elders).

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VlXOwXSB9_2QikIi1ZsVI1mm...

Any changes and variants are coloured.

This week I am also trying to get through the manual for this game. As much as I love Sierra Madre games, I hate their manuals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, strange. In the printed rules it's just # of elders, and in the revisions list in the living rules it says it was changed *to* that, not changed from that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
just wanting to double check one thing. the rules state that your hand size is your # of elders +1. But the rules also say you can take an I or D card until you have at least one elder. So that means at the beginning of the game, your hand size is 0, and then once you have a mature elder it jumps to 2?

Sorry about the mistake in the Living Rules, now fixed. The printed version in B2 is correct:
• Hand Size. Your Hand Size is equal to the number of your mature elders. (Before the advent of literacy, only elders were able to pass information between generations.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
In origins it's elders +1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a hand size of zero, can you still get hard into your hand then just immediately discard it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
If you have a hand size of zero, can you still get hard into your hand then just immediately discard it?

Yes, this i stated in G6:
• Cards can be taken into your hand even if your hand is full. But then you must immediately discard down to your Hand Size (B2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
pusherman42 wrote:
If you have a hand size of zero, can you still get a card into your hand then just immediately discard it?

Yes, this i stated in G6:
• Cards can be taken into your hand even if your hand is full. But then you must immediately discard down to your Hand Size (B2).

Well that was an unfortunate typo on my part...

Thanks Phil! I ask because the card drawing rules say "If you have an elder..." Which sounds like you have to have an elder to even draw a card. But I couldn't tell if what you're driving at is that you had to have the elder to KEEP the card (because you need hand size). So even with no elders you can draw the card, you just have to ditch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.