Subject: Rules Varients / questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just played two games. 3 humans v one zombie. The humans won with ease, and mocked the zombies.

Few observations.
Zombie need to be more dangerous perhaps hitting on a 5-6. i like the rules tweaks which i read afterwards about multiple zombies having higher chance of hitting. I also like the chance for weapons to break.

Should the zombies be more dangerous?

table edge: we rolled a 1d6 and on 5-6 the zombie player chose, we did this in a the second game and it game the zombie player a bit more to do.

i've seen the kwikemart map it seems small, is that used in conjuction with the original map?

Last question:

Re the cellar we haven't played it yet, but are going to introduce it next game, we decided something was missing the outside coal hatch... its a true zombie cliche, and it would give another exit / entrance /escape point...

Any ways, great game, very simple, very fun, with a lot of scope to play and improve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered the suggested combat rules after our first game, the appear in line with my initial thoughts. I also like the higher costs for baricading. With a 3 human game, by the time the zombies arrived (with only 1 zombie on the board, the house was partly sealed already) So on the 2nd game we put the same number of zombies as humans on the board to start.

Re humans winning, i think i may have played it wrong, we did all the (3) humans move, adn then the zombies move......

SO it should be human 1- zombie - human 2- zombie - human 3- zombie and repeat? But over the entire cycle each zombie gets moved once.... hmm.

That may of been the key to our game imbalance.

RE the 1D6 we had no 1d4 to hand and the first game we rerolled 5-6,which took more time.

Re quick mart- thank you. will try that one.

Re the coal shute for the Cellar, will try it the original way and then the other way. I may apply a 1ap penalty for climbing out of it. I suggest like the entrance tile have an outside entrance tile/token and one to corespond on the inside of the cellar?

The last new observation is, when the first human died we forgot to stop replacing the extra zombies i.e. drop total zombies from 12-8. when we did drop the zombies to 8, there didn't same any where near enough to be a thread or knock down baricades.

Have you experimented with different numbers of zombies i.e. 1-5 ratio?

Re mocking, on the way to car the two surviving humans had time to run back into the house and seach a few more item squares.

Overall we loved the game and it has a huge amount of potential, we just need to perfect the rules. learn them and perhaps apply a few tweaks to suit out group.

-apologies for grammar dyslexic and thank you very much for the reply-
I will do more reading of the debates here and join the yahoo group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm thank you, i will see what i can do next time i play.

on game two we started with 3 zombies on the board which helped.

For general information i go back to my mums ever week or two for an evening and we generally gather round a table and play what ever game/ board i bring.

So the games i play involve normally two teenage boys, my GF, myself and my mum, so i have to pick the games carefully.

this was a good laugh, we don't take games competively and like to have fun.

Upping the number of zombies may well work, and keeps the game simpler. i am still tempted to try 5 zombies per human as it gives you chance to knock baricades down and chase 1 around. The other game i play a lot is necromunda so i am used to advanced rules and tweaking them to suit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.