13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: A good fun game for wife and I. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,we love our euros, but sometimes we want to sit down with a bottle of wine and play a game which isn't to thinky, but still want it to be a game where you have to make choices and have fun.one that lasts about 60 mins, one with theme would be more welcome but not necessary, Any recommendations?
Ones we have that are for those occasions:
Ticket to ride: Switzerland
C.V.
Mission red planet
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nguyen
msg tools
mbmb
Roll for the Galaxy is my to go to I don't really wanna think that much, I just wanna roll dice and build stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh...

We just played The Cave today and loved it, but might I also suggest from my collection...

Five Tribes

Cacao

Castles of Mad King Ludwig

Carcassonne

-mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCarson
United States
Brunswick Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
Go Army!
badge
Beat Navy!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a lot of luck with Valley of the Kings. Also, my wife enjoys Mage Wars Academy. We travel with The Red Dragon Inn (1,2 and 3). And I could definitely second Castles of Mad King Ludwig

In the not to thinky camp, Dead Man's Draw. And our guilty pleasure is Luchador! Mexican Wrestling Dice. Neither is not much in the way of strategy, but the fun factor is there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Fløe
Denmark
Aarhus C
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try and have a look at this list. It's got the most popular and owned games, all ranked by their "weight". Also, all games voted "best with 2" are marked with a 2 also those voted "recommended with 2" are marked with a 2

List here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattia Ravasi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Carcassonne - it's my girlfriend's favorite game, and mine too; and it's exactly what you're looking for - rewards good planning but can be played just as well if you don't want to think too much, and it's at its best with two players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and the Missus enjoy Carcassonne: The Castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfinger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Carcassonne and Cacao

Finca is one of our favourites when it is just my wife and I playing; thematic, top notch components, and great replay value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Cacao.

This has been a really good game for my wife and me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCarson
United States
Brunswick Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
Go Army!
badge
Beat Navy!
mbmbmbmbmb
madster321 wrote:
Try and have a look at this list. It's got the most popular and owned games, all ranked by their "weight". Also, all games voted "best with 2" are marked with a 2 also those voted "recommended with 2" are marked with a 2

List here

Incredible list and obviously a lot of work....well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Carcassonne I feel it really fits what you are looking for.

Some others that may be worth looking into are;
Fleet
Mundus Novus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delton Brack
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I have a couple go to games. Carcassonne is one of them. My wife really loves it (I think mainly because she beats me). We actually enjoy Agricola two player as well, it works much better with three, but with two it takes about an hour and is still fun to us. We finally opened our copy of Edo and played and actually really enjoyed it, although that was just the first ever play.
I think our favorite two player is 1960: Making of the President. It takes about 90 minutes if you know what you are doing, so that breaks the time constraints a little. My wife likes Takenoko for two player as well. We also usually play some smaller games two player like Love Letter, maybe Coup. We sometimes fill time with those sorts of games. Pandemic is a good one if both people take two players. The same goes for Flashpoint. Coops are nice in that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I love to play Sanssouci.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.