Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a huge lotr lcg fan, and just started an imperial assault campaign also from Ffg. I think lord of the rings would be a great ip for that same system... Does anyone know if their license would allow that style of game?.. Would be an auto buy for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So basically Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)?

I would love it LOTR themed as well, but it's a bit too similar to have both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Santiago
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Talk to me about solo-gaming!
badge
Here I come to save the day!
mbmbmbmbmb
In response to both of you guys: yes, theme wise Descent 2.0 already has that down. I've actually begun to create hero cards for the different LOTR characters using templates right for the game. You don't need to be a wiz to use a free software image editor like Gimp to do this yourself. I'll post images as soon as I get a chance.

In short, this can be a reality if you want to put a little time into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SSGMightyMouse wrote:
In response to both of you guys: yes, theme wise Descent 2.0 already has that down. I've actually begun to create hero cards for the different LOTR characters using templates right for the game. You don't need to be a wiz to use a free software image editor like Gimp to do this yourself. I'll post images as soon as I get a chance.

In short, this can be a reality if you want to put a little time into it.

That would be epic. I have not played descent 2.o though.

I own war of the ring so could reuse those minis for bad guys. This might be a very cool project
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poczet Herbut
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Warhammer Quest the Card Game is a bit similar to LOTR LCG and has a campaign. Definitely not the same but something close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.