Subject: Questions about some units in "The longest day" scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn H
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I got the game last week and now I am playing through the scenarios solo as suggested in the rulebook.

I have some questionmarks for the scenario "The Longest Day".

The germans have a Mobile anti-air unit, up until this point in the rulebook there is no explanation of how these units work.

Also, when building units in this scenario I am guessing that it is allowed to rebuild destroyed units? If units are repaired/increased in step-size, do they increase size directly where they are or do they need to be in the home-contry? (For example, can the AFA increase an ARM unit in size while it is located in Belgium Netherlands?)

- Björn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AA units are land units that have a value for both ground and air combat. If there is an air round in their area, they add their air value to that combat. They also add their ground value to any subsequent ground combat. They only take losses from the ground results, not from air.

I don't think there's a special rule for them as their use is covered by the ratings they have. They are an unusual unit, for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Bjorne wrote:
Also, when building units in this scenario I am guessing that it is allowed to rebuild destroyed units? If units are repaired/increased in step-size, do they increase size directly where they are or do they need to be in the home-contry? (For example, can the AFA increase an ARM unit in size while it is located in Belgium Netherlands?)

- Björn

Hi Björn,

Yes you can rebuild units, and you can rebuild them anywhere on the map, provided you can trace a supply line to them. Thanks for answering the other question Mike!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword of Damocles
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Alexander is gonna get Crushed CC:E Xmas 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
How are they treated with respect to the letter results? In other words, when calculating the fractional return to base results, do you count the mobile AA as a unit, or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Following the logic of the rules, presumably yes if land, no if air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe that is correct. Per 6.5 the bullet about Air Round, "your air, CV, and/or attacking PARA units that used their air movement to arrive in the target land area must be assigned all results."

I feel the special ability of the anti aircraft units is they can be included in an Air Combat but are immune to results that happen in the Air Combat. The anti aircraft units have to be in the land area where the attack is occurring to be included in the air combat.

I think a chart should be drawn up that lists the pertinent abilities for each type of unit; MAR are not halved when invading, etc.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.