M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Can this expansion also be used together with the robots expansion?

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As written, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As written?
I haven't found something.
Anyhow: thanks for reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Frank
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seite 2, Allgemeine Einleitung, 1. Satz (Hervorhebungen sind von mir):

"Diese Erweiterung kann mit allen Spielplänen sowie allen erhältlichen Kraftwerksecks kombiniert werden."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
Hi,

Can this expansion also be used together with the robots expansion?

Regards
Mario

It's not obvious how you would do so. Robots serve as extra players/companies in normal Power Grid, in which players=companies.

If you play with this expansion (in which players are not the same as companies), the first question is: do you want the robots to be players or companies?

Robots as companies seems to make no sense at all.

And robots as players has the problem that with this expansion, players must make new kinds of decisions (about stock buying/selling) and there are no rules for how the robots would make these decisions. (Not to mention that the very goal of the game is different, so the existing robot programming would not necessarily make much sense.)

So I don't see how (without further rules), you could play this expansion with the robots expansion.

(My answer is based on having played the standard stock expansion rules; I've not played the other variants in the stock expansion.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dschises wrote:
Seite 2, Allgemeine Einleitung, 1. Satz (Hervorhebungen sind von mir):

"Diese Erweiterung kann mit allen Spielplänen sowie allen erhältlichen Kraftwerksecks kombiniert werden."

ahh....in der Spielanleitung! Besten Dank. Dachte schon ich hätte ein Posting überlesen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Trabert
Germany
Düsseldorf (34 km south of Essen)
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allow me to intervene with a corresponding question: Does it make any sense to play the stock companies expansion with 2 players? I think everybody will agree that vanilla Power Grid is sucking with 2p, but with the robot expansion it is in my opinion an interesting (but fiddly) experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
As written?
I haven't found something.
Anyhow: thanks for reply

As written in the rules for the Stock Companies. There's nothing telling you how to operate a robot during the stock rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flott wrote:
Allow me to intervene with a corresponding question: Does it make any sense to play the stock companies expansion with 2 players? I think everybody will agree that vanilla Power Grid is sucking with 2p, but with the robot expansion it is in my opinion an interesting (but fiddly) experience.

You could give it a shot but it seems unlikely to be any good with 2. It's very difficult to make a stock market game which relies on emergent/temporary alliances among the players work with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rawson
Canada
flag msg tools
flott wrote:

Playing PG-TSC (varient #1: TSC) with 2 players is different in that you actually play with 5 companies, the full map (5-6 regions), and stock resources as if it were a 5-player game. In my opinion, this is more exciting than playing the base game with 2-players. However players will hit the maximum 50% ownership caps easily because with fewer players, there's less competition to buy shares. There may be some companies that are split 50/50 and unless one player sells, these result in a true tie where both players earn the same income and market capitalization to win. It is a tricky art to differentiate your stock trading to better your position at the expense of just one other player.

In summary, PGTSC plays "bigger" with two players, but the mechanics prove difficult to avoid perpetually tied company income and market capitalization (cash determines winner).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.