Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
An actually new clarification of the Rocket Battery (because of some situations in the current Vassal Mini Tournament).

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/forum-main/5-ru...

As I am and some others said already, the Rocket Battery rules seems done to complicated, it dissents the general simple and easy ruling of the C&C games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly!

This game is my favorite overall but one of my critics as a free man is that I'm not fan of the extra units added sometimes to be realistic but just adding new rules for a few use (like those rockets and some others).

I just love the GENERAL AVERAGE level of this game who stands between playability and realism. I dislike any move toward realism as I dislike the traditional wargames (with respect for those who like them).

No more rules please: More scenarios! I hope Austerlitz won't bring more cards or anything ...

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unless you are using them to set fire to a wooden town, Congreve rockets should work something like this.

1 - nominate target
2 - ignore step (1)
3 - throw dice to determine the bearing it actually flies off on (full 360 degrees available)
4 - throw dice to determine how far they go in that direction
5 - throw a single d6, a throw of 7 or more does damage to units in the impact area

Okay they probably weren't that bad but I will be interested to see how reliable and effective they are in C&C.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just received ex5 my take on the rocket battery is that through confusion and fear they will be a great asset in pushing enemy troops
out of defendable positions but that you won't kill many of them with the rockets. However, with only two dice to their credit I can see me just ignoring them while I spend crucial command points moving more formidable units into battle.

Dave

Edit: having now had the chance to look through the scenario book I see that the Rocket battery is only present in one scenario with only some French artillery on a hill on the French left at which to shoot. I don't think I'll be firing many rockets but if do it will only be to push the French guns off the hill while I organise an assault against that flank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
After another discuss with Richard about the complexity of the Rocket Battery rules
i could achieve a small partial succes and a revoking of his clarification from 2015-November-15!

First step for better gameplay rules of the Rocket Battery, even if
the RB is only in one official setup so far, but there are still to much rules rules to remember.

Q: Is the Rocket Battery a kind of artillery and can i order it with Command Cards, which refers explicit to any Artillery units (Bombard, Cavalry Charge e.g.)?
Further can i use all Tactician Cards for the Rocket Battery, which refers also to Artillery (Artillery Canister, Artillery Combat Bonus, Artillery Reposition)?

A: A Rocket Battery is classified as an Artillery unit and therefore will benefit from Command and Tactician cards that refer to artillery.

In regard to the sentence –
In ranged combat, a Rocket Battery always rolls 2 dice unless increased by an appropriate Tactician card.
A better wording of this line would have been - In combat, a Rocket Battery always rolls 2 dice unless increased by an appropriate Command card and/or Tactician card.
(Richard Borg, 2016 - April - 08)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.