Popular Tags: [View All]
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this question has come up a few times before, but for a newbie to play these scenarios, they'd have to buy Hollow Legions. But that seems like it would be a bit of a waste if the Italians are just going to get added into an upcoming desert module. Of course if that won't be out for a few years, I guess Hollow Legions is the only option. I'm just one of the newer players that only has Beyond Valor and doesn't want to buy the same units etc twice if I can help it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IIRC the upcoming desert module will only include the desert counters, mapboards and rules, not the Italian counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
At $38, Hollow Legions isn't terribly expensive. In addition to the counters, you get two map boards, eight scenarios, and the Italian chapter H. You may be able to find it for less on eBay or even here on the Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
elbmc1969 wrote:
At $38, Hollow Legions isn't terribly expensive. In addition to the counters, you get two map boards, eight scenarios, and the Italian chapter H. You may be able to find it for less on eBay or even here on the Geek.

And what amazingly interesting mapboards they are too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Vater
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And what amazingly interesting mapboards they are too.[/q]

touché!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record (I know this is an old thread), Hollow Legions recently sold out and MMP states that its replacement will include both the current HL contents and the desert components. Should be a pretty sweet package, and quite a sensible pairing too, IMO. Not surprisingly, there was no word on specifically when such a module would actually be produced. It sounded like it's currently somewhere between the "vague idea" and "seriously in production" stages. Sadly, MMP seems to have a number of projects at that point in the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny5 Is Alive
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! that's almost 10 years ago.. my kids will be in college before it gets reprinted.. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.