We played our 12th game on November 8th.
Start of the Game
• Mission Brief: Find Patient Zero.
• [Received] New Objective - Find Patient Zero in City Zero.
• [Received] Patient Zero Search Track Card
• [Received] Patient Zero Search Result Card
• Objective 1 (Mandatory): Discover cures to the 3 normal diseases.
• Objective 2: Quarantine 7 Faded cities.
• Objective 3: Find the Immunologist in a city that is rioting.
• Objective 4: Sabotage 2 military bases.
• Objective 5: Find Patient Zero in City Zero.
Players & Characters
• Yong: Kira (Dispatcher)
• Min: Killah (Virologist)
• Nam: South Virus (Researcher)
We lost the Quarantine Specialist last game, so we had to pick a new character. The virologist seemed to be the best way to go since we needed a character that could help contain the Faded cities.
• 3 Research Stations: Atlanta, Seoul and São Paulo
• 5 Military Bases: Delhi, Los Angeles, Manila, Cairo and Buenos Aires
Funded Event Cards (0 cards)
Since we won the last game, we had no funded event cards this game!
MAJOR RULE MISTAKES
For the most part, the last few games have been easy for us, a little TOO EASY at times. So, I think it’s important to note at this time that we have been making a few major rule mistakes up to this point.
1st - We have been forgetting to infect Faded cities when drawing from the player deck (not the infection deck) since Late-May
2nd - We have been neglecting the fact that the Quarantine Specialist’s ability to add quarantine markers to any city was a “once per turn” ability. So, every game, the “Quarantine 7 cities” objective was basically a given for us.
Now, it all made sense why the last few games have been so easy. Although we were happy when we won, there were times when we were a bit bewildered at how easy the game played out. Now we know why.
Since we lost the Quarantine Specialist last game, there was nothing we could do about that. But, we remembered to infect Faded cities from player deck cards starting this game.
Using the“Shady Background” character upgrade that I acquired after last game, I sabotaged the military base in Buenos Aires by discarding a yellow city card.
• Sabotaged Military Base: Buenos Aires (Yellow)
• Cured: Min Virus (Black)
• Cured: Nam Virus (Blue)
• Eradicated: Min Virus (Black)
• 3rd Epidemic: Essen (Blue)
• Sabotaged Military Base: Cairo (Black)
• [Objective 1 Cleared] Sabotage 2 military bases.
We’ve spent a lot of our resources and time on trying to search for Patient Zero and containing the Faded cities, especially since it was spreading much more quickly after we corrected the rules.
But during that time, the yellow and blue diseases was spreading quickly and causing outbreaks and we have still not gathered enough cards to cure the yellow disease. When we realized that it was getting out of control, we flew to the yellow region to contain it from outbreaks. But soon after, we drew Essen from the infection deck, causing a chain of outbreaks in the Blue region and ending our game in a loss.
• No more blue cubes to place!
• Too many outbreaks!
[size=14]End of the Game
• No Win Bonus
This was the most overwhelming defeat we’ve had so far. We lost the game in 2 different ways and we weren’t even able to finish even the most basic objective of curing the 3 normal diseases.
I guess that's what happens when you play by the rules.. haha
• 2 Cured: Nam Virus (Blue), Min Virus (Black)
• 1 Eradicated: Min Virus (Black)
• 1 COdA-403
• 11 Faded Cities
Epidemics & Outbreaks
• 3 Epidemics
• 8 Outbreaks
Game End Upgrades
• Character Upgrade: Local Pressure on Killah (Virologist)
• 3 Medical/Military Equipment Stickers
Original post from my Pandemic Legacy Blog:
http://pandemiclegacy.tumblr.com/ (Spoiler-free front-page)