Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will never understand the weird system of frontage roads with frontage roads with frontage roads. I never know if I'm on the correct frontage road to get where I'm trying to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you miss the turnoff to the Hotel, be prepared to drive 15 miles before you can turn back around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
And if you miss the turnoff to the Hotel, be prepared to drive 15 miles before you can turn back around.

Yup, don't miss it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Yup, don't miss it!

I love my GPS and it's lovely maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I will never understand the weird system of frontage roads with frontage roads with frontage roads. I never know if I'm on the correct frontage road to get where I'm trying to go!

Just imagine how we Texans feel traveling everywhere else in the US - WHERE DID ALL THE FRONTAGE ROADS GO???!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Yup, don't miss it!

That was useless two years ago when DFW was completely under construction.

And in San Antonio we have these lovely turn around at every exit along the frontage roads. Don't mess with Texas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
Sam Houston wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Yup, don't miss it!

That was useless two years ago when DFW was completely under construction.

And in San Antonio we have these lovely turn around at every exit along the frontage roads. Don't mess with Texas.

Most highways in North Dallas have those, too, but the airport is its own beast for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ostrander
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also watch out for all the toll roads. There are 3 tolled roads right by the airport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2 main toll roads (161/Bush Turnpike and 121/SamRayburn) but neither is tolled until you get further away. (and 121 has a non tolled route that doesn't quite go the same direction)

Several of the roads with new construction have optional tolled "express" lanes (114 past the 121/635 interchange, and 183 up to 35W/820 intersection, and 635/35E interchange even further away)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For locals with the tolltag stickers, what do you do for the airport? The old tolltags you could just pull them down and throw them in that silver bag, but I can't pull the sticker off.

I saw that you could maybe disable them on the NTTA site, but I need to drive down 121 to get to the airport, so that doesn't seem great (or do that for a few days and just let them bill me as if I don't own a tolltag?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Backlash27 wrote:
For locals with the tolltag stickers, what do you do for the airport? The old tolltags you could just pull them down and throw them in that silver bag, but I can't pull the sticker off.

I saw that you could maybe disable them on the NTTA site, but I need to drive down 121 to get to the airport, so that doesn't seem great (or do that for a few days and just let them bill me as if I don't own a tolltag?).

You can disable the tag *just* for the airport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thosw wrote:
Backlash27 wrote:

You can disable the tag *just* for the airport.

Awesome, thanks! I wasn't expecting that level of sophistication from the NTTA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Personally, I'd switch around the Arlington & Dallas images...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
Personally, I'd switch around the Arlington & Dallas images...

I completely agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.