3 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » General

Subject: Elite Army + Eexpansion Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zombie Marcs
msg tools
mb
Hey guys just bought GD and got though the First mission and love it, reminds me of xcom so much. So was thinking about going all in and getting the other 2 big boxes, but was wondering if the Elite Army Box has rules to use them with the 2 expansion's! Thanks For any Info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
The Elite army is just an optional swap out if you think things are too easy. It has been awhile since I looked at it but I believe there are rules w/ the Elites that tell you which units to swap out. So as you are setting up any of the scenarios you decide which elites to include based on the original aliens for the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Elite Alien Army only has options to swap things out for the core campaign (although since some of the other missions use core aliens, you could potentially use it for a few missions in the two big box expansions).

The upcoming Elite Alien Legion (which features red versions of the aliens in the big box expansions) has options to swap things out in all three campaigns, so it might be a better bang for your buck.

That said, neither of these expansions is particularly necessary, if you find the game sufficiently challenging already. If I were you, I'd play further into the core campaign, and then pick up the big box expansions if you love it (with the red alien armies as options down the road if you want to replay at a higher difficulty).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.