United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I placed a bid on eBay for a copy of Puerto Rico over the weekend, and when I went back to see the outcome of the auction, I found that the item had been removed. It didn't say the auction ended or someone bought it now, it just said the item was removed. Has anyone seen that before? What would cause eBay to remove an item before the auction ends?

Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it happen for illegal copies of cds, where ebay will remove an item. I don't know why they would do it for a game, unless the user selling it violated a rule, maybe on another auction.

However, a stronger possibility in this case is that the seller removed it. Maybe they changed their mind about selling it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be they sold it locally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have seen eBay listings removed because they used someone else's material (e.g. pictures or description). In the past I have been successful in asking eBay to remove listings because other users have stolen my description -- most notably for Acquire, where in the description I mentioned that I personally owned four copies, and the other sellers copied it directly without changing a word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
I didn't know sellers were allowed to remove items. What would stop a seller from removing an item to prevent a buyer from getting a favorable price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nelson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi, I have removed and/or cancelled eBay auctions in the past for a variety of reasons, but more so if the item that I was auctioning had become damaged while in storage. Other times, because I had sold it offline, but I have never removed and/or cancelled an auction if there were any bids on them, unless they were damaged. Then, I would politely contact the bidder and explain what had happened to the item, so that they could cancel their bids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.