5 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confiscation owned myself... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I need to know. Is it mandatory to remove an attachment even if it's yours?

I was down to my last plot "confiscation" and my opponent didn't have any attachments but I did. So did I have to toss my "Seal of the hand" I had attached?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording implies that the event conditions are not optional, so yes, you had to discard your attachment.

"Choose an attachment, and discard it from play".

If the event was optional, it would read

"You may choose an attachment, and discard it from play".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of a related question on wording:

If a character has the Stealth trait, MUST they Stealth? Or is that optional? Is there a reference to that in the rules somewhere?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Learn To Play, Page 16:

"Stealth: When this character is declared as an attacker, you may choose a character without stealth controlled by the defending player. That character cannot be declared as a defender for this challenge."

It says "may".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

References for both questions above:

Andrew already provided the reference for the Stealth question from the "Learn To Play" manual. Here are two additional references from the Rules Reference, FWIW:

Pg 2, "Abilities": "The initiation of any keyword which uses the word "may" in its keyword description is optional".
And so for the keyword description, go to:
Pg 20, "Stealth"

For the 'Confiscation' question...
Pg 23, "When Revealed": "Such an ability must resolve whenever a plot card bearing it is revealed".

Hope the above provides additional clarity to compliment the already provided answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.