Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We started the game on Intro... to add insult to injury we couldn't even win on the newbs level. <sigh>

When the Medic, Scientist and Dispatcher all got together to save the world... well with such heroic figures as us you'd think that saving it all wouldn't be so damned hard. And you'd be right... right up till the end that is.

For 3/4 of the game we fought the good fight... taking down first red then yellow and then black. We ganged up on them and smacked them down with nary a hitch more than one cure roll that had me with 5 sames rolled out to 3 crosses a one and a 3. Next turn I took it down with not a prob... but for one turn... it was hard watching dice be rolled with the threat of bio hazards looming all over.

My daughter is 9 and a good player but it was late... she was getting punchy and she was starting to send disease vectors on glam trips to Hawaii and other tropical spots. We needed to finish the game up quickly or she'd send us all to Antarctica and there we'd freeze into little cubes.

We are at 5 outbreaks and 4 infection cubes draw for the infection rolls. The board is chock full of cubes... red, black and blue in great profusion. I closed my eyes and felt in the infection bag... one cube, two, three... five... dropped one... too many. Now four cubes are in my hand... I take them out... two yellows a red and a black. I was like... "Yea.... oh crap!" The red was a 1 I think and it caused an outbreak. the black... well it hit and caused an outbreak and the displaced cube caused an outbreak... dead. Bugger.

Still... this is the closest that we've come to winning and it was another game we really enjoyed. This game is quick enough that we can play a couple at night before bed and simple enough that it'll keep a 4 year old going for at least 20 min before she starts piling up disease cubes to see if she can beat her ninesies.

I'm going to take a break and lick my wounds and wash my hands. Maybe next time we'll go back to Betrayal at House on the Hill. But we'll be back again... to wage war against the no see 'ums. And perhaps we'll win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Niksa
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic but the Cleveland Browns do this (your title) every week! cry

Losing with the Browns,
-Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.