Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this last night with someone else's copy so I don't have a rulebook to reference. There were a few parts I KNOW the game's owner ruled wrong on, but I didn't want to cause a big stink then. I have searched online and found answers to all but one question. Characters typically place astronauts and perform some action. Must the characters place astronauts BEFORE doing their action, or can they do it in any order they wish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I'm pretty sure you place Astronauts then you take your special action. But to be honest, I'm having a hard time figuring out if it would make a difference. Why does it matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may only be with the Scientist that it matters. Knowing the Discovery cards could affect which ship I want to be on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
It also matters for the Soldier. If you can't place the two astronauts, you're not allowed to use the Soldier's ability to kill an astronaut on Mars.

I believe the rules allow you to perform your character's actions in any order, unless you're playing the Soldier. But I don't have the rulebook in front of me to validate.

EDITS - Typos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rulebook isn't explicit about this, but considering that each character is phrased like "Do A AND do B", and that there's one character (#7) that won't get to do B if he can't do A, I would assume that you're always supposed to play the two actions sequentially...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
It also matters for the Soldier. If you can't place the two astronauts, you're not allowed to use the Soldier's ability to kill an astronaut on Mars.

I guess you're slightly misremembering here. The Soldier can use his 2nd ability even if he failed to place his astronauts. The only thing is that he has to place both, or none.

It's character #7 (don't know the English name) whose turn will end right away if he can't place his astronauts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
1) You place your astronauts first and then use the special action. It matters, indeed, only for the scientist.

2) The soldier can still use his abily if he could not place his two astronauts, but he places two astronauts together, or none.

3) Same for the Tour Operator (or whatever his name in english, I don't remember) - he places his three astronauts, or none - but he has no other ability, so if he can't place two, he does indeed lose his turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steininger
Germany
Darmstadt/Dieburg
flag msg tools
I think his name is "Travel Agent".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.