3 Posts

Hostage Negotiator» Forums » Rules

Subject: +2 to threat level when level is on K and no hostages left. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm new to this game, think I have just had my 1st victory, but I want to make sure I did the following correctly.
1, the threat marker was on the K, there were no hostages left in the pool, (4 escaped, 3 were killed)but in the terror phase the card stated +2 to threat level, so am I correct in discarding 2 terror cards without taking the effects? It left me with the pivitol event card remaining, but I was thinking what if there was only one terror card then the pivotal event? Would you discard them both then the game ends in defeat?
2, the following conversation I rolled a succes which let me save a hostage, but as there were non left in the pool then the abductor surrenders meaning I win? As I have saved over half, Is this all correct?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this game, think I have just had my 1st victory, but I want to make sure I did the following correctly.
1, the threat marker was on the K, there were no hostages left in the pool, (4 escaped, 3 were killed)but in the terror phase the card stated +2 to threat level, so am I correct in discarding 2 terror cards without taking the effects? It left me with the pivitol event card remaining, but I was thinking what if there was only one terror card then the pivotal event? Would you discard them both then the game ends in defeat?

The text on the board states:
"KILLED: Flip a non-Pivotal Event Terror Card into the discard pile with no effects"
so You would not discard the Pivotal Event Card.

Stevieram wrote:
2, the following conversation I rolled a succes which let me save a hostage, but as there were non left in the pool then the abductor surrenders meaning I win? As I have saved over half, Is this all correct?
Thanks.

Yes. Congratulations!
By the way, going in to the Pivotal Event with Threat at K and winnig is quite an achievement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! I love this game...but i havent won a single play hahaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.