Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cervantes
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I took this from the comment forum from Dungeon Saga, which was written by Shawn "Musashi Miyamoto" Seeker

He said "For those of you not satisfied with the contents of the Adventurers Companion, there is a petition to get a new one re-printed and sent to backers.

https://www.change.org/p/mantic-games-dungeon-saga-s-adventu...

For those of you who think some of us are beating a dead horse (and we may be...nothing may come of this petition), we were promised X,Y & Z. But we only got X...Y and Z have been left out. Especially when you look at what should be in there.

I know if I paid someone for a job and they only delivered 70% of the agreement that I'd either want them to fix it or refund my money. (Note: I'd rather have a useable copy of the AC because I got this game to play with my kids). I'm hoping, along with others, that maybe this petition can get Mantic to do something about the AC that.

I apologize if you feel this is repetitive or annoying."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
paco2099 wrote:

I apologize if you feel this is repetitive or annoying."

Apology accepted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed. Don't apologize for asking for something you paid for that didn't turn up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
70% is generous. I'd rate it closer to 40%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
true, signed it also some time ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W McG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:

I mean, we did get the book that we paid for.

It just wasn't the book that we thought we paid for.

Mmm... no. They told us up front what the book would contain and the book doesn't contain most of it. So despite the cover being correct, we did not get the book we paid for OR the book we thought we paid for.

Futile is a good word to describe the petition, but so is 'worthwhile', since, just like with Myth, people should take every opportunity they can to hold a company accountable for their overt attempt to deliver a clearly subpar product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New_Sheriff wrote:
Exo Desta wrote:

I mean, we did get the book that we paid for.

It just wasn't the book that we thought we paid for.

Mmm... no. They told us up front what the book would contain and the book doesn't contain most of it. So despite the cover being correct, we did not get the book we paid for OR the book we thought we paid for.

Funnily the cover of the hardback edition has a mistake too (see zombie on the right).

I don't really believe in power of petitions. But I am also very disappointed with the quality of Adventure Companion which Jake & Mantic delivered. This remains to be the first and last Mantic Kickstarter unless they fix the mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Closed now, somethng happened.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
Quotation from cohenthebarbarian in the Kickstarter comments:

Quote:
"Hi dungeoners! I'm closing the petition in change DOT org.
Why? I've been contacted by Chris and Dave from Mantic to discuss about the outcome of the AC nightmare.
I've mostly summarized what have been discussed here, on the FAQs, on BGG, on eriochrome's blog and on quirkworthy and the positive conversation have just started
I think the petition has served its purpose, which was making Mantic aware of the real situation, and put a little pressure hehe.

They've told me they are discussing on what to do with the AC issue and gathering insights to communicate next steps as soon as possible. I hope it will be soon but this is not finished, just pausing. Let's give them the necessary time to wrap up the KS campaign and think about it
I've send them all comments and signatures from the petition.
Thanks for your support on the petition. Let's see what happens next"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Walker
Australia
flag msg tools
This is not futile for me, it offers them a chance to make good on their promises. I really don't want to have to be nasty about it, but I don't have to take it on the chin either. If they act respectfully and do the right thing for their backers we can clear this up. But we can also take our protest and actions further. For instance we can inform people of their antics in future Kickstarter Campaigns, as a person who has done other Consumer Advocacy I see no problem with that. Simply stick to the truth and inform people in the comment section and in other advertising what they have done in the past, no on can complain about informing consumers of the truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Torres
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, those look like very good news!

I was afraid of Mantic not being facing the problem, as they have not send any update on this topic other than the link to the semi-corrected pdf, and Jake is not answering any of the numerous questions asked in his blog.

I'm looking forward to hearing something from Mantic in this regard soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course there is going to be a new printing - they simply cannot send the AC into retail looking like this!
Question is how they are going to handle backers and pre-orders.
We will know sometime in December, I think...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
I do not think they can send that book to pre orders. For kickstarters there are lots of grey areas that make getting refunds and such making things more fuzzy. Preorders are pure commercial transactions covered by all the associated laws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.