Memoir '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ok...again...BEL and counter-attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Željko Kumer
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Life is like a photo, if you smile it turns out better!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've real all that's been said about them
but two things still puzzle me

BEL - i can, with one infantry first move up to 3, then battle with one additional die and then move another 3? and while moving those 6 spaces i can ignore all terrain movement restrictions? (like hedgerows, forests, towns etc.) i can pass through all of them with 1 movement and don't have to stop? but battle restrictions apply?
so is "move into town (or any such space) and can't battle" a movement or a battle restriction?

Counter attack - can i copy the effect of ANY opponent card or just ones he's ordering units with?
the text is the card "issue the same ORDER just played by your opponent" is confusing me a bit. since i.e. with the AIR POWER or BARRAGE card you did not order any units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Ritter
United States
Westfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the answer to your first question is that its a battle restriction. so the restriction of having to stop when entering town doesn't apply, but not being able to attack still does apply

the answer to your second question is that you can order air power or barrage. it's not specific to a section card. whenever you play a card its an order - therefore regardless if its a section or tactic card,the Counter Attack card will work on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The effect of the terrain move and battle restrictions on BEL is:
1. you can move through any passable terrain without having to stop
2. but you won't be able to battle unless you make sure that the last hex of your initial move doesn't prohibit battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Spoto
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ addresses the question about Counter Attack. The answer is that CA simply duplicates the full effects of the last card played. This would include the effects of AP, drawing cards, whatever.

As for BEL, I think you're playing it correctly. If the terrain is passable it can be moved through for 1, but all terrain effects for LOS, attacking, or defending still apply normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Magnusson
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just to clarify; would an axis player get 2 dices each hex if counterattacking the airpower order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.