Subject: The Late Grand Tichu rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Black
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
From the FOE

I was teamed up with Di and the FOG was Brandon and new to the game Geoff.

The game started nicely with the Tichu call which I completed and we got 1-2 also so 300-0. A look of horror on Geoff's face.

The next few hand were carmer with no calls, Then Di went Tichu and we pushed our lead, 665-250.

We play to the right and also we pickup one card at a time, as we were playing along, I thought, mmmmm, Grand Tichu, but I will wait until I get 8 cards, so I did, ...... Then I called, and Brandon said, wait a min. I have 10 Cards, no you don't I have only 8. I counted and I have 9 cards, so my Grand was late, to my disgust and to the amusment of the others. So I called Tichu instead. Then Di called out my Bomb and I almost had to talk her for a walk, but managed to complete the Tichu and Di finished 2nd for the 1-2 so She was forgiven.

The next hand on the 11th card pickup Brandon called Grand Tichu (LOL) he was just continuing to mock me about the last hand. ha ha very funny **.

So we were out to a large lead 975-400 or so, Brandon calls Tichu and gets, and Geoff calls and gets and now it is 965-935, so very close and a split call will result in a tie.

So the last hand.

Brandon leads and calls Tichu. So with a decent hand and no choose I called Tichu as well. The battle concluded with a Tichu to me and the FOE win. Ha ha ha.....

Until next Time

Will B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure you scored this properly? According to the rules, if one side gets a double win no other scoring is done for that round. Doesn't that mean that you don't get the Tichu bonus in that case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
Are you sure you scored this properly? According to the rules, if one side gets a double win no other scoring is done for that round. Doesn't that mean that you don't get the Tichu bonus in that case?

BrettspielWelt gives the Tichu and Grand Tichu bonuses (and penalties) when a 1-2 occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.