Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Seeland will be an Amazon lightning deal today 11/16, begins at 6:05 for Prime rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeland is going to be a lightning deal on Amazon today. Begins at 6:05 for prime members, 6:35 for all others.

Amazon

No idea what the price will be. Currently listed at $24.99 which is lower than current OLGS's, so any sale should be a pretty decent deal.

OOS at CSI
$25.95 on MM
$25.99 on Cardhaus.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good medium light game. Check out chally's review What You're Missing: (Advanced) Seeland for a deeper experience.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
Begins at 6:05 for prime members, 6:35 for all others.

What time zone?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe it's 6:05 Eastern.
To note, this was listed to be on lightening deal last thursday too, and then about 2 hours before the scheduled time, it was removed.

Also note, this will probably not be a very good deal given most lightening deal pricing. Pricing of course isn't annouced, but I see a lot of 40% off List Price on lightening deals, which would put this around $24 if that holds true.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I find this to be a very good light-medium game. You can play it either nicely or somewhat cutthroat. And the windmill meeples are great!

FWIW, earlier this year, this was priced at $20 (including shipping) via 3rd party seller for several months.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oogarasu wrote:
I believe it's 6:05 Eastern.
To note, this was listed to be on lightening deal last thursday too, and then about 2 hours before the scheduled time, it was removed.

Also note, this will probably not be a very good deal given most lightening deal pricing. Pricing of course isn't annouced, but I see a lot of 40% off List Price on lightening deals, which would put this around $24 if that holds true.


It's already $24.99 and I can't imagine they're featuring it as a lightning deal for only .99 cents off.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Oogarasu wrote:
I believe it's 6:05 Eastern.
To note, this was listed to be on lightening deal last thursday too, and then about 2 hours before the scheduled time, it was removed.

Also note, this will probably not be a very good deal given most lightening deal pricing. Pricing of course isn't annouced, but I see a lot of 40% off List Price on lightening deals, which would put this around $24 if that holds true.


It's already $24.99 and I can't imagine they're featuring it as a lightning deal for only .99 cents off.


They did that the other day with one of the Lord of the Rings deck building games. Lighting deal was about $.85 less than what it was going for, if I recall.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeland was going for 19.99 a few months ago on Amazon.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've seen lightening deals cost more then the normal price.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fluhman
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
I'm not seeing in the Toys and Games lightning deals. I'm also not seeing it for sale directly from Amazon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it when simply looking at the upcoming lightning deals. It is 6:05 EST and is a Prime Early Access Lightning Deal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
4ntonio wrote:
Seeland was going for 19.99 a few months ago on Amazon.


i am getting 19.49 new a few months ago.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Its $20.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deal's live for $19.99
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is about what I paid for this game a while ago and really feel like it is worth it. Love the game.

Ray
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hyland

Waterville
Maine
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
5 bucks off wasn't enough to make me want to grab it. It looks like a decent game though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kjelstad wrote:
4ntonio wrote:
Seeland was going for 19.99 a few months ago on Amazon.


i am getting 19.49 new a few months ago.

I bought it for $19.99 from Tom's Toys Beverly Hills back in July.

So... lightning deal now = normal price then.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Macrawn wrote:
5 bucks off wasn't enough to make me want to grab it. It looks like a decent game though.


Not fantastic price but I bit. Its a Ravensburger "Family Game", so it will be light enough to be inclusive while secretly heavy enough to be interesting, all while having good components.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
I see it when simply looking at the upcoming lightning deals. It is 6:05 EST and is a Prime Early Access Lightning Deal.


It's strange ... if i got to the Toys and Games (or just Games) section, I dont see it listed under Lightning deals/regular deals either. But if i actually go to the Seeland Amazon page, sure enough if has the Lightning deal price going on. Wonder if I am missing out on other lightning deals too...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tempting. Thank you for posting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Laisure
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I went ahead and got one (partly because I wanted the Men in Black trilogy on blu-ray for $15 and together I got free shipping), but I noticed it isn't exactly flying off the shelves - only 10% sold last I checked. Plenty left for anyone still wanting one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Selander, I may be biased, but my 10 year old son and I really love the game. Looks great, with a terrific rondel mechanic.
Rahdo did a run through also.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PhotoJoeCA
United States
Bellflower
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I guess I missed it. Damn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
jmayDET wrote:
It's a good medium light game. Check out chally's review What You're Missing: (Advanced) Seeland for a deeper experience.

Noteworthy quote from Chally's review (emphasis mine):
chally wrote:
Although Seeland comes packaged as a base game with optional expansions and rule variants, the base game is dreck –- mind-numbing, random, and soulless (I would rate it a 4). This review will cover Seeland’s most advanced game, the randomized tactical variant* with the addition of Governors and Records. I strongly recommend any experienced gamer interested in exploring Seeland start here and never look back.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:
jmayDET wrote:
It's a good medium light game. Check out chally's review What You're Missing: (Advanced) Seeland for a deeper experience.

Noteworthy quote from Chally's review (emphasis mine):
chally wrote:
Although Seeland comes packaged as a base game with optional expansions and rule variants, the base game is dreck –- mind-numbing, random, and soulless (I would rate it a 4). This review will cover Seeland’s most advanced game, the randomized tactical variant* with the addition of Governors and Records. I strongly recommend any experienced gamer interested in exploring Seeland start here and never look back.
That's interesting. "random, and soulless" is exactly how I'd describe my experience with Seeland. I didn't know there was an advanced variant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.