5 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: Length of game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Koon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a yearly board gaming retreat, it lasts between 3 and 4 days. I'm wondering if a group of 3 or 4 people could get through this game in that amount of time. Given that we have probably 8-12 hours a day to do nothing but play games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have no problems getting through the entire campaign in that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
skoon wrote:
Given that we have probably 8-12 hours a day to do nothing but play games.

Lucky duck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Harrison
United States
Glens Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't even played Pandemic Legacy yet, but since Pandemic normally can't go very much over an hour (since you'll lose if the player card deck runs out), and you'll play at most 24 games, it seems like you'll have plenty of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Strong-Morse
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Depending on pace of play, how quickly you get the next game going, how many players, and how well the games go, each game will take about 1 to 1.5 hours, including all of the Legacy stuff. (Super fast groups could probably do it in as little as half an hour or something; super slow groups could take 2 hours per game. Adding players will increase the length of games; my estimate assumes 4 players, so shade on the shorter side of that estimate for 2 player games.)

The campaign is a maximum of 24 games and a minimum of 12 games; my guess is that around 16 or 18 games might be average for experienced boardgamers, but that's highly speculative. So that means that you're looking at something like 12-36 hours, with maybe 24 hours of game time being about average, for a whole campaign. 3-4 days of 8-12 hours of boardgaming should be plenty, but you might end up spending almost all of the retreat on Pandemic Legacy--not that that's a bad thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.