Popular Tags: [View All]
Flane
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am making a combat reference sheet and have confusion regarding Ambush [9.14]. There seems to be some misdirected antecedents in the explanation. Does a card with ambush capabilities have the option to stay and fight after its ambush attack, and does "attack" refer to card to card die roll: Can attack mean the EP attack/combat?

Do all EP cards have the option of joining the next attack with the rest of its cards or is the attack restricted to just the ambusher?

\help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Brown
United Kingdom
Ottery St Mary
Devon
flag msg tools
I have rewritten the rules and they work much better. If you want to try my rules, just ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flane
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'd like to try the rewritten rules. May I?

Where?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
[G]RRRRRRRRRR
badge
[G]RRRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
flaney wrote:
I am making a combat reference sheet and have confusion regarding Ambush [9.14]. There seems to be some misdirected antecedents in the explanation. Does a card with ambush capabilities have the option to stay and fight after its ambush attack, and does "attack" refer to card to card die roll: Can attack mean the EP attack/combat?

Do all EP cards have the option of joining the next attack with the rest of its cards or is the attack restricted to just the ambusher?

\help

Every minion may ambush, but the ones who are "ambushers" have a specific ambush attack (mostly higher OR and/or poison attacks) - every one else attacks using their ordinary values. I assume that the specific ambush attack is a once off thing, i.e. that the fight then takes place using the ambusher's ordinary attack values. The stab in the back of someone who is not aware of the attack with a poisoned knife is one thing, but once the real fight ensues, the assassin will have a harder time hitting and will also use a regular fighting weapon to better defend himself (even though the poison deal might be better in terms of game mechanics).

Whoever ambushes may stick around to fight all of the FP's characters, but ONLY the actual ambusher (the one who sneaked into their camp) may participate in this fight (any other minions who might be present in the hex chose to stay behind and cannot join the fight before its over one way or the other). This is stated explicitly in the last sentence of 9.14.

(Sorry that this reply is 4 years late...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.