Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the basic setup it says that in a two player game you return two apprentices to the box and with three players you return one.
On page 6 it says that you can have a maximum of 9 apprentices. Is this referring to a four and five player game only... or does it mean for two and three players as well.
If it is the latter, does the placement of two apprentices back in the box ( for a two palyer game ) during setup only refer to the setup, and those discarded apprentices along with the other ones then go to the space on the board with all the unhired apprentices?
Sheesh...that ( what I just wrote )sounds confusing.
What I should be asking is...
do you play with 7 apprentices or 9 in a two player game.
Thanks

edited for clarity...I think...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
mbmbmbmbmb
For every number of players the same number of workers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Palpatine,
I had the exact same question as I am reading the rules now.

I think you are asking that in a 2 player game, are the 2 workers removed from the set-up (i.e. each player starts with 3) but still have access to 9 workers total OR

does each player have access to 7 workers total (as opposed to 9) and if so, does each player start with 5 or 3?

[geez, that is a hard question to put into words]

My take on the 2-player rules is:
Each player starts with 3 workers but has access to all 9 (the other 6 are all placed in the acadamy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... we said it was for set up purposed only...and everyone has 9 apprentices during the game, no matter how many players play.
I wonder if this is correct...I think it could be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry you guys are correct, my confusion I will delete my previous post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cook
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So to clarify, the consensus is that in a 2-player game each player starts with 3 apprentices, with 6 in the Academy, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The rules state to put 2 apprentices in the box. So the maximum number of apprentices in a 2 player game is 7.

Reasoning:
Quote:
If there are less than 5 players, ignore the unused sets (those masters, apprentices, laboratories are returned to the box.

So these items would not be used during the game. Then for 2 players:
Quote:
If there are only two playing, each players returns to the box 2 apprentices.

However, the expert set-up makes no mention of removing the number of apprentices for 2 or 3 player games, so I could be wrong?

Rules for this game are not good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It appears I was wrong:

From this thread: http://www.geekdo.com/thread/124590/2-player-game-the-number...

flacchittocca wrote:
I can confirm you that in two or three players all the remaining apprentices must be placed in the accademy and not in the box. So you can always have a maximum of 9 apprentices during the game (regardless of the number of players).
Bye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paivinen
United States
San Jose Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palpatine wrote:
In the basic setup it says that in a two player game you return two apprentices to the box and with three players you return one.
On page 6 it says that you can have a maximum of 9 apprentices. Is this referring to a four and five player game only... or does it mean for two and three players as well.

If you compare the beginner's set up with the expert set up at the end of the rules, you'll see that each "player" has followed the expert set up rules and taken 3 favors. Since in a 3 person game you're only allowed 2 favors, the beginner's set up has each player remove an apprentice from the initial set up to lower the number of favors to 2. It should say that those apprentices are put in the academy, not the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.