7 Posts

Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers» Forums » General

Subject: Terrain compatible with heroscape? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears you could play entirely on heroscape terrain, but my question is, does the terrain in this game actually "connect" to the terrain in heroscape?

Maybe making me want to buy some heroscape terrain to add to this game if it all connects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JV the terrain is identical in size and shape. I use my old Heroscape terrain with the new, all is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The edges of the cardboard does not connect to the older terrain, but who cares, since the old 3D terrain can just be placed on top of it? The same trick goes for just extending the cardboard board with the plastic, although if you own lots of Scape terrain, there isn't much use in the cardboard at all.

Many Arena players are now buying up the old terrain. There is a marketplace for this at www.heroscapers.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in a bit of a dilemma myself about the terrain. I was tempted to buy some lots of terrain online. But thought "well, maybe they will produce more terrain now" I also assumed because of this game that the price of that terrain would go up so I really don't know what to do at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kajoq asdf
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My suggestion J V is to keep an eye out for a reasonably priced copy of 'Rise of the Valkyrie' or 'Swarm of the Marro' ($40-60 range) these are Heroscapes' starter sets and provide a significant amount of terrain, plenty to build 2 player AOTP Maps. This will give you enough to hold over until AOTP does start coming out with more ample terrain packs. and in the event we don't get them, you'll still have enough to get good games in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kajoq wrote:
My suggestion J V is to keep an eye out for a reasonably priced copy of 'Rise of the Valkyrie' or 'Swarm of the Marro' ($40-60 range) these are Heroscapes' starter sets and provide a significant amount of terrain, plenty to build 2 player AOTP Maps. This will give you enough to hold over until AOTP does start coming out with more ample terrain packs. and in the event we don't get them, you'll still have enough to get good games in

Will do, thanks for the tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I found a guy selling Rise of the Valkyrie, +what looks like: Fortress and Valcarren expansions and some expansion that looks swamp-like, allegedly in perfect condition all, for around $100. Is that a good deal?

Also this looks like it will go cheap. Missing parts but if one is only interested in terrain...
ttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Heroscape-Master-Set-Rise-of-the-Valkyrie-Incomplete-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.