Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are currently traveling around the world, and when possible playing board games. We will be in Krakow and looking for some boardgaming from the 19-24 of November (this week). I'm hoping to find a shop or meetup to play, english speaking a plus, but more than willing to play games that have no language requirements.

Any suggestions on events, or places to look?

I've managed to play games in Mexico City and Kiev so far, and hoping to get to play in a few other places while traveling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad T
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex boardgame cafe seems like most popular place in Kraków
https://www.facebook.com/HEXspot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba W
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a convention taking place this weekend in Krakow, but I believe its webpage is in polish only:

http://www.nowagralicja.pl/

However, it should be easy for you to meet english speaking players, as many people here can speak this language to some degree at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like checking out HEX is a first stop, and perhaps I can make a day of gaming at the convention. I wasn't able to figure out if they have things other than tournaments going on. I'm used to attending conventions where "free-play" areas are setup, I assume something like this should be happening.

Thanks for the pointers! Hoping to play games at least one day while visiting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba W
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they do have such areas, they usually have many games you can borrow on the spot to play and return when you finish (the same is valid for the HEX pub by the way, they have quite a big collection of boardgames free to play).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stopped in at HEX today for a Cup of Tea and to look around. Took me a minute to realize I need to use the building buzzer to get back to the actual pub/coffee/game house (notice for any future guests).

Once inside, it's a wonderfully cozy place. I didn't have time to stay tonight to try to play, I'm going to see if I have time in the next couple of days to stop in, if I can't make it out to the convention.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.