Russia
Nalchik-Russia
Kabardino-Balkarian Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
There are three questions.

1. As Trinkets (Dousing Rod, Seeds of Paradise, Suleman's Seal) work? They are discard or resolve on the next turn after were draw? Or they can be carried long? That means: "If you cannot, discard it instead"?

2. As the card works "Old Man of the Sea", if the Tavern is cover the Terrain Card, i.e. it isn't present on a board?

3. On the card "Taweez Amulet" typographical error: "...to remove ALL fireland tokens from your SPACE"? In rule pg.2 "Each space can have only one fireland token on it at any time. If a space already has one fireland token on it, players cannotplace fireland tokens on that space."
Perhaps, instead of "SPACE" has to be "REGION"?

And more question on Base Rule:
4. At the Character Quest Worlock "To pray in the Temple". He carries out it "Prays in the Temple" and throws out "5". What to do to the Character? Immediatle to teleport in the Worlock's Cave as Quest is completed or will undergo Enslavement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinner wrote:
1. As Trinkets (Dousing Rod, Seeds of Paradise, Suleman's Seal) work? They are discard or resolve on the next turn after were draw? Or they can be carried long? That means: "If you cannot, discard it instead"?

http://www.talismanwiki.com/Category%3ATrinket
"Trinkets are treated in all respects like normal Objects, except that they do not count towards a character's carrying capacity. A character may have four normal Objects in addition to any number of Trinkets"

Shinner wrote:
2. As the card works "Old Man of the Sea", if the Tavern is cover the Terrain Card, i.e. it isn't present on a board?

Then you cannot get rid of the Old Man, as there is no Tavern.
You will have to use another method to rid yourself of him, such as the Chasm.

Shinner wrote:
4. At the Character Quest Worlock "To pray in the Temple". He carries out it "Prays in the Temple" and throws out "5". What to do to the Character? Immediatle to teleport in the Worlock's Cave as Quest is completed or will undergo Enslavement?

After a quick search and it looks like the Warlock Quest wins, and you are not Enslaved.
But I didn't find anything "official".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Tosolini
Italy
Povoletto
Udine
flag msg tools
That's because I currently cannot play any board games.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinner wrote:

These Trinket Objects of Firelands expansion have been designed to work this way:
1) you draw them and take them as usual
2) Use them when you need them (i.e. Dousing Rod to discard a fireland token, Seeds of Paradise to place a Woods Terrain Card, etc...)
3) After use, they are placed on the listed space (= they become available to the first character landing there). If the space does not exist because of a Terrain Card placed on it, the Trinket is discarded instead
4) These Trinkets require paying something to pick them up once they have been placed faceup on the space

Shinner wrote:
3. On the card "Taweez Amulet" typographical error: "...to remove ALL fireland tokens from your SPACE"? In rule pg.2 "Each space can have only one fireland token on it at any time. If a space already has one fireland token on it, players cannotplace fireland tokens on that space."
Perhaps, instead of "SPACE" has to be "REGION"?

Normally there's only 1 fireland token per space, but if you play with the Spreading Flames Alternative Ending you may have more than 1. The Taweez Amulet has been worded to include that case as well.

Shinner wrote:
And more question on Base Rule:

There's nothing preventing a character to be teleported away from the Temple. Enslavement has only one effect: it requires you to roll a 4,5,6 for your movement roll to break free and move away normally. Since you completed the Warlock Quest by praying at the Temple, you're immediately teleported to the Warlock's Cave as normal.

The only official clarification given for the Temple is for those cases when you cannot roll for your move, because you're a Toad or the Blizzard is in effect. In that case, you make the roll to break free, then move away 1 space as per your current limitations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arsen Shogenov
Russia
Nalchik-Russia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, Paolo!
Now everything is clear.

In a question 1, I didn't think of Terrain Cards on board cover of the space-target. And in a question 3, also I didn't think of the Alternative Ending from Fireland.

Once again thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arsen Shogenov
Russia
Nalchik-Russia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to return to a situation with the Old man. Playing with Terrain cards from Fireland, the conflict situation with Warlock Qwests often began to arise.

Warlock Qwests: "Visit the Alchemist", "Visit the Enchantress", "Visit the Mystic", "Visit the Tavern", "Travel to the City", "Pray at the Temple", сame when already the Cities, Villages, Temple or Tavern wasn't on a board (Ghost not where was to appear). In rule on pg.2: "If an effect refers to a space that is no longer on the board because that space contains a Terrain Card, that effect is ignored. For example, if the “Temple” space contains a “Ruins” Terrain Card and a “6” is rolled at the Tavern, the effect of moving to the Temple is ignored".

Whether it means that I can discard the current Warlock Quest? Or I may discard and draw new Qwest? What to do if at the time of receiving the Quest the Temple/Tavern/City/Village was but in the course of performance of the Quest, destroyd?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Tosolini
Italy
Povoletto
Udine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinner wrote:
I would like to return to a situation with the Old man. Playing with Terrain cards from Fireland, the conflict situation with Warlock Qwests often began to arise.

Warlock Qwests: "Visit the Alchemist", "Visit the Enchantress", "Visit the Mystic", "Visit the Tavern", "Travel to the City", "Pray at the Temple", сame when already the Cities, Villages, Temple or Tavern wasn't on a board (Ghost not where was to appear). In rule on pg.2: "If an effect refers to a space that is no longer on the board because that space contains a Terrain Card, that effect is ignored. For example, if the “Temple” space contains a “Ruins” Terrain Card and a “6” is rolled at the Tavern, the effect of moving to the Temple is ignored".

Whether it means that I can discard the current Warlock Quest? Or I may discard and draw new Qwest? What to do if at the time of receiving the Quest the Temple/Tavern/City/Village was but in the course of performance of the Quest, destroyd?

This problem has been discussed before on the Fantasy Flight Games Talisman forum. "Ignoring the effect" is not something that is 100% clear and it's not explained in the rules. If you have to ignore that the Old Man can be discarded at the Tavern, you have no way to discard the Follower except for the Chasm or Vampire Tower, with great difficulties.

All rules on cards that need to reach a certain space in order to be discarded (Old Man of the Sea, Cursed by a Hag, the Warlock Quests you listed, etc...) still remain valid if a Terrain Card is placed the corresponding space. This means you cannot complete the Warlock Quest or discard the nasty Follower if the space is not restored to its original form (= the Terrain Card is removed). The best way is to remove Terrain Cards from spaces, but there are not many options to be honest.

If you think this is too hard or limiting, you may use the optional rule for replacing Warlock Quests when you play with Terrain Cards. For other cards, a house rule could be to travel to the former space in order to use the effect on the card, regardless of the Terrain card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arsen Shogenov
Russia
Nalchik-Russia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks and merry Christmas, Paolo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Tosolini
Italy
Povoletto
Udine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome Arsen, Merry Christmas to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.