Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the brain drain that is Die Macher we opted for a quick light game to relax. We chose C:H&G.

Deanna started out early with both of her huts in some very promising looking river systems. Unlike the TVA she was unable to maintain her monopoly and Jospeh and Heidi managed to get a hut into the same system later in the game. I was left out and was left with some lousy systems for my huts.

Early on I was scoring a lot of point by closing out forests and rivers. I took a large early lead. Throughout the game I was able to claim most of the bonus tiles that were played. These helped a little but not as much as they could have. When I got the stonehenge tile I placed in a location hoping to eventually control the largest most abundant meadow. I didn't pay enough attention to the rivers because there was no way this was going to happen. I ended up with a sole majority of a tiger infested meadow salvaged only by a late placed fire.

As the game progressed Joseph kept scoring more and more. He came close to lapping the rest of us because we weren't able to close out our areas as well.

I was getting scared towards the end because I had a very large forest, with mushrooms and all, that I just couldn't close out. With my final draw of the game I got the tile I needed. I was exstatic, but that was shortlived once we got to the final scoring.

Joseph was able to not only able keep his huge lead but to add to it. Heidi passed me into second place through some strategic meadows and hut placements. My poor hut choices came back to haunt me. I barely managed to keep ahead of Deanna for third place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.