Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kick starter launched a few hours ago and already there is some complaining I guess war, war never changes. That being said I thought I would share the 2 things I already like with the new season of Arcadia Quest.

The first is the male to female to ratio (yeah yeah boobs showing what not but save that for another thread please). Let me explain in the first Arcadia Quest the base game had 4 females and 8 males which is pretty bad in terms of ratios. The kick-starter exclusives made it worse with 6 new female heroes(not counting the monster heroes) against 13 male heroes.

Now with Inferno there is 5 female heroes and 7 males heroes in the base game. With 2 female and 5 male kick-starter heroes so far. Its looking promising to have a much more balance ratio.

The second thing I really like is the setting. It is really easy for designers to opt for a cliché dungeons and dragons settings (though we already got the zombie expansion so who knows). But yes the idea of a city being swallowed by hell and having to go into it to punch the devil in the face is pretty appealing and quite different from the standard fantasy fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
But yes the idea of a city being swallowed by hell and having to go into it to punch the devil in the face is pretty appealing and quite different from the standard fantasy fair.

But isn't it, like, offensive, to christians with all the devil stuff?

And also, so many male nipples. Doesn't that make the game family-unfriendly? Will nobody think of the children?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
But yes the idea of a city being swallowed by hell and having to go into it to punch the devil in the face is pretty appealing and quite different from the standard fantasy fair.

And also, so many male nipples. Doesn't that make the game family-unfriendly? Will nobody think of the children?

No-one thinks these things through lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[/q]

[/q]

No, no it is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:

Punching the devil in the face is offensive to Christians? Must be reading the wrong Bible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Punching devils may not be offensive to Christians, but Starbucks having red cups for the holiday season apparently is?

I cannot wait to punch some devils and save some angels in this upcoming AQ:I!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dinobots16 wrote:
Punching devils may not be offensive to Christians, but Starbucks having red cups for the holiday season apparently is?

I just did a google search. Colour me red impressed. Damn you, Starbucks! And damn your delicious coffee that will force me to keep giving you my money despite you war on Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If is ofensive to you then..... gasp.... don't buy it. However do not gripe about it and try to ruin the fun for the rest of us.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PonSquared wrote:
If is ofensive to you then..... gasp.... don't buy it. However do not gripe about it and try to ruin the fun for the rest of us.

Your fun must be awfully fragile if it gets ruined by other people expressing their opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:

My sons are 5 and 7 and I have no issue with the male nipples. They have nipples. I have them too. What is there to be offended or worried about for them?

In fact, I'm not even worried about the underboob. You think a 5 or 7 year old is going to be lusting over an underboob? You think they will even notice them? All they will want to do is kill daddy, not drool over underboobs. Sheesh. Westerners and their phobia of sex. Any kind if violence is cool for kids but a male nipple or an underboob? Immediate end of civilization as we know it.

I'd be aot more worried about the underboob if my boys were 11 and 13, to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
PonSquared wrote:

Your fun must be awfully fragile if it gets ruined by other people expressing their opinions.

Yes it bothers me that just because some religous people find something offensive,
I can not enjoy a product the way the creator originally intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PonSquared wrote:

Yes it bothers me that just because some religous people find something offensive,

Just don't misquote Got to love society where people get more offended at people being offended that just being offended.

I like how the character design so far went from standard fantasy tropes in the Base Game to these rather strange and a bit more different classes like a monk or demon slayer or a Spartan warrior.

So far I am really happy with almost every aspect of what Inferno is bringing to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PonSquared wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
PonSquared wrote:

I don't get it. How does someone else "griping" prevent you from enjoying whatever you want, however you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, in the politically correct age that we live in, many content producers are so afraid of offending anybody that they turn down or change their work to make it as bland and as an offensive as possible. By people griping about under boobs and nipples, while unlikely, it could lead to the redesign of certain aspects of the game. I understand there would have to be more than a few people griping about it for anything to change but it still bothers me that people who get offended by something want it changed to make it an offence of to them while for the silent majority they have to put up with those changes that go away from the original intent of the creator.

I feel like I've said what needs to be said on this point and I'm ready to move on to the next topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PonSquared wrote:
I understand there would have to be more than a few people griping about it for anything to change but it still bothers me that people who get offended by something want it changed to make it an offence of to them while for the silent majority they have to put up with those changes that go away from the original intent of the creator.

How do you know what the majority of people think? The only way you could find out is for as many people as possible to express their opinions. So that's why griping is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
PonSquared wrote:
I understand there would have to be more than a few people griping about it for anything to change but it still bothers me that people who get offended by something want it changed to make it an offence of to them while for the silent majority they have to put up with those changes that go away from the original intent of the creator.

How do you know what the majority of people think? The only way you could find out is for as many people as possible to express their opinions. So that's why griping is good.

And how do you know the "original intent"? Maybe the artist or designer wanted a more toned down style, or even a completely different theme altogether, but the marketing guys said "No, anime boobs sold last time so that's what we're sticking with."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:

Punching the devil in the face is offensive to Christians? Must be reading the wrong Bible.

I got a chuckle out of this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
Dinobots16 wrote:

I just did a google search. Colour me red impressed. Damn you, Starbucks! And damn your delicious coffee that will force me to keep giving you my money despite you war on Christmas!

Thank god for Kaladi brothers and their Red Goat symbol..... er wait....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PonSquared wrote:
Unfortunately, in the politically correct age that we live in, many content producers are so afraid of offending anybody that they turn down or change their work to make it as bland and as an offensive as possible. By people griping about under boobs and nipples, while unlikely, it could lead to the redesign of certain aspects of the game. I understand there would have to be more than a few people griping about it for anything to change but it still bothers me that people who get offended by something want it changed to make it an offence of to them while for the silent majority they have to put up with those changes that go away from the original intent of the creator.

I feel like I've said what needs to be said on this point and I'm ready to move on to the next topic.

Out of curiosity... have you taken a gander at Kingdom Death: Monster? I don't think content creators are paying that much attention to all the vocal minority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
PonSquared wrote:

Out of curiosity... have you taken a gander at Kingdom Death: Monster? I don't think content creators are paying that much attention to all the vocal minority.

I wish I had $300... I'm kicking myself now for not getting in when it was on KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
The kick starter launched a few hours ago and already there is some complaining I guess war, war never changes. That being said I thought I would share the 2 things I already like with the new season of Arcadia Quest.

The first is the male to female to ratio (yeah yeah boobs showing what not but save that for another thread please). Let me explain in the first Arcadia Quest the base game had 4 females and 8 males which is pretty bad in terms of ratios. The kick-starter exclusives made it worse with 6 new female heroes(not counting the monster heroes) against 13 male heroes.

Now with Inferno there is 5 female heroes and 7 males heroes in the base game. With 2 female and 5 male kick-starter heroes so far. Its looking promising to have a much more balance ratio.

The second thing I really like is the setting. It is really easy for designers to opt for a cliché dungeons and dragons settings (though we already got the zombie expansion so who knows). But yes the idea of a city being swallowed by hell and having to go into it to punch the devil in the face is pretty appealing and quite different from the standard fantasy fair.

loved your statements about the male/female ratio.. how is it now that the campaign is over?

from what i see: 28 males/25 females
which is pretty amazing comparing the ratio you stated of the 1st game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.