Recommend
21 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Deep Space D-6» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant Ship: USS Enterprise D rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I've made a variant ship for people to try out: USS Enterprise D (the one from Star Trek: The Next Generation). I'd be interested to know how the balance of actions I've given it works out; I've not yet defeated it (but have come close) but I'm not great at beating the basic ship anyway so I'm not a great judge.

I added three special combo actions to this ship, to make things thematic and a little more interesting than "just another" ship:

- Photon Torpedoes - 3 tactical dice fire a spread of photon torpedoes. There are 3 torpedoes fired, and each one can hit one threat, causing up to 3 damage to it. To clarify: You can't combine the 3 damage per torpedo to make 9 damage to distribute as you wish - you have to hit 3 separate threats with up to 3 damage each (I say 'up to 3' as obviously some threats will have less than 3 threat left, and you can't 'save' the leftover damage to hit other threats).

- Warp Speed - when things are getting overwhelming, take a breather by just warping out of the area. Requires 3 engineering dice. You take ALL currently visible external threats (including Solar Winds, Meteoroid and Nebula), shuffle them up, then put them on the BOTTOM of the threat deck. You've avoided them for now, but they'll catch up to you again eventually (they come back out at their starting threat level - they've had time to repair!).

- The Picard Maneuver - a quick warp jump just across the solar system you're in. Similar to Warp Speed, but you take all external *ship* threats currently visible (the Solar Winds, Meteoroid and Nebula would stay put), shuffle them up, then put them on the TOP of the threat deck. It gives you a breather, but the threats will be coming back very soon (they come back out at their starting threat level - they've had time to repair!).

And note the slight differences from the base ship:
- You can only use max 2 tactical dice for firing phasers; they cause *1* damage each (can be applied to one threat or spread between two). Reasoning: If you have 3 tactical dice, you'll likely be using Photon Torpedoes! Plus, phaser banks take a while to recharge after use, hence only 2 shots allowed per turn.

- "Stasis Beam" is called "Deflector Beam" here to be more thematic; it does the same thing. (I wanted to call it Deflector Dish or Tractor Beam, but you're not deflecting or tractoring anything, you're freezing it. Maybe Inverse Tachion Pulse would sound more technobabbly? ).

- Hull Repair: One die per repair, not +2 per extra die like the base ship.

Let me know what you all think!



Enjoy!

EDIT: Cleaned up the graphic of the Enterprise so it's not all bluey. Hopefully it looks better!

EDIT 2: Clarifications.
27 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get time, I may try redoing the threat cards to make them Star Trek themed - e.g. having Klingon Birds of Prey or Battlecruisers, Romulan Battlecruiser, Ferengi ship, Spacial Anomalies and maybe even a Borg cube as an end boss...

Not sure I'll ever get THAT much free time though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Great work.
njshaw2 wrote:
- Warp Speed - when things are getting overwhelming, take a breather by just warping out of the area. Requires 3 engineering dice. You take ALL external threats (including Solar Winds, Meteoroid and Nebula), shuffle them up, then put them on the BOTTOM of the threat deck. You've avoided them for now, but they'll catch up to you again eventually.

- The Picard Maneuver - a quick warp jump just across the solar system you're in. Similar to Warp Speed, but you take all external *ship* threats only (the Solar Winds, Meteoroid and Nebula would stay put), shuffle them up, then put them on the TOP of the threat deck. It gives you a breather, but the threats will be coming back very soon.

Just to be clear here. To me "Take ALL external threats" and "Take ALL external ship threats" sounds like that includes those threats that have been already defeated. I'm sure that's not the intent.

I was hoping your description above would clarify that it only applies to those threats that are currently active.

It might also be worthwhile to mention that when the threats reappear, then they are at full strength. I know it's "obvious" but some might wonder if the threat has to "remember" the old threat level they were at when the warp jump occurred.
njshaw2 wrote:
- You can only use max 2 tactical dice for firing phasers; they cause 2 damage each (can be applied to one threat or spread between two). Reasoning: If you have 3 tactical dice, you'll likely be using Photon Torpedoes!

"they cause 2 damage each" sounds like 2 Tactical would do 4 Damage. Is this correct? When I saw the ship card, I assumed that 2 Tactical would do only 2 Damage (but it does make sense it might do 4 Damage).

1 Tactical = 1 Damage
2 Tactical = 4 Damage
3 Tactical = Up to 3 Damage x 3

Does this mean you are not allowed to spend 3 Tactical to do 5 Damage spread across 1, 2 or 3 targets? Guess not.
4 Tactical? Can this do 8 Damage (as 2 Tactical + 2 Tactical) spread across 1, 2, 3 or 4 targets? Further reading suggests it's only one Phaser burst each turn.
5 Tactical, 6? Can you simply break these up into smaller 1,2 or 3 Tactical combinations. Can you fire Photon Torpedoes and Phasers in the same turn?
njshaw2 wrote:
Let me know what you all think!

I certainly think you have given us some nice variations in the use of the crew.

I can see the 6 Hull giving us some problems, especially those cards that destroy all shields. That could make the game more random as there are more Threat combinations that will be very hard to overcome.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Great work.


Thanks!

xris wrote:
I was hoping your description above would clarify that it only applies to those threats that are currently active.


Yes, that was the intent. I've clarified in the original post. I've said "currently visible" instead of "currently active" to avoid confusion with threats that had just activated from the threat die. Hopefully that's more clear. Wasn't sure how else to describe threat cards that had been revealed, were out on the table, but were not yet defeated [in a lot less words].

xris wrote:
It might also be worthwhile to mention that when the threats reappear, then they are at full strength. I know it's "obvious" but some might wonder if the threat has to "remember" the old threat level they were at when the warp jump occurred.


Ok. Never thought anyone would think that, but I guess as you did think it I best clarify!

xris wrote:
"they cause 2 damage each" sounds like 2 Tactical would do 4 Damage. Is this correct? When I saw the ship card, I assumed that 2 Tactical would do only 2 Damage (but it does make sense it might do 4 Damage).


Whoops, typo on my part. They cause *1* damage each.

xris wrote:
Does this mean you are not allowed to spend 3 Tactical to do 5 Damage spread across 1, 2 or 3 targets? Guess not.


You can only use 2 tactical dice for the phasers per turn (as the phaser banks are exhausted quickly and need time to recharge).

xris wrote:
Can you fire Photon Torpedoes and Phasers in the same turn?


Yep. So you could use 5 tactical dice total, 3 for photon torpedoes and the remaining 2 for phasers.

xris wrote:
I can see the 6 Hull giving us some problems, especially those cards that destroy all shields. That could make the game more random as there are more Threat combinations that will be very hard to overcome.


Yes indeed it is. Not quite so punishing as the alternative ship that Tony made during the solo design challenge (was not part of the challenge but he posted it to the WIP thread), as that only has 4 hull so you can get wiped out in a single turn with just 2 threats that ignore shields (as I did once - lost within 3 turns I think!).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
Yes, that was the intent. I've clarified in the original post. I've said "currently visible" instead of "currently active" to avoid confusion with threats that had just activated from the threat die. Hopefully that's more clear. Wasn't sure how else to describe threat cards that had been revealed, were out on the table, but were not yet defeated [in a lot less words].


Currently Engaged threats, just to toss another TNG ref in there? =)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool variant ship!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael Genereux
msg tools
this should hold me over till the rel game comes out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Tennison
United States
Lawndale
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played two games with the ship last night. I prefer the title "Inverse Tacheon Pulse" btw; it felt weird to "Deflector Beam" the threats with the science dice.

I warped out three or four times, the last one at the very end when there were only two threats left; it seemed wiser to clear the board and stagger them than continue the massive pileup that was happening.

I almost never was able to fire the torpedoes, which made for a very difficult game. It's killer to only be able to do a max of two damage each turn when you're rolling poorly. This is what killed me the first game.

I had several opportunities to do the Picard maneuver, but they never seemed to come at a good time. Too early in the game, or when I only had one threat out.

The second game I played felt very tense at the end, and I was anxious every time I rolled. I like that tension; thumbs up for the ship

PS thanks for giving medical both abilities. The prototype only had one and I hated all the wasted medical dice I ended up with
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
njshaw2 wrote:
- Warp Speed - when things are getting overwhelming, take a breather by just warping out of the area. Requires 3 engineering dice. You take ALL currently visible external threats (including Solar Winds, Meteoroid and Nebula), shuffle them up, then put them on the BOTTOM of the threat deck. You've avoided them for now, but they'll catch up to you again eventually (they come back out at their starting threat level - they've had time to repair!).

- The Picard Maneuver - a quick warp jump just across the solar system you're in. Similar to Warp Speed, but you take all external *ship* threats currently visible (the Solar Winds, Meteoroid and Nebula would stay put), shuffle them up, then put them on the TOP of the threat deck. It gives you a breather, but the threats will be coming back very soon (they come back out at their starting threat level - they've had time to repair!).

Could I clarify something concerning the Picard Maneuvre (apart from the spelling of Manoeuver, I assume that in the future we will be using the American spelling).

Is the only way to perform the Picard Maneuver by rolling a "natural" 3+ Commanders to begin with? You can't roll 2 Commanders and use one of them to change a Crew to a Commander (to get the third Commander)?

With Warp Speed, it's possible to perform this even if you roll 0, 1 or 2 Engineering as long as you roll enough Commanders.

In my CDO mind (CDO is a lot like OCD except it's ordered alphabetically as it should be) it seems odd that it's so much more difficult to achieve the Picard Maneuver than to achieve Warp Speed (considering Warp Speed is the better of the two manoeuvers).

If my calculations are correct then there is a 6.23% (2906 in 46656) chance of rolling 3+ Commanders (i.e. a Picard Maneuver).

While the odds of rolling a "natural" Warp Speed is the same, 6.23% (2906 in 46656) you also have to take into account of rolling other combinations of Engineering and Commanders.

If my calculations are correct then there is a 11.88% (5541 in 46656) chance of rolling 2 Engineering and 1 Commanders. See Note 1.
There is also a 11.88% (5541 in 46656) chance of rolling 1 Engineering and 2 Commanders. Also see Note 1.
Finally, there is a 3.31% (1545 in 46656) chance of rolling 0 Engineering, 3 Commanders and 0 Threat.

Therefore the chances of rolling any version of Warp Speed is 27.06% (12627 in 46656), or about 4 times the odds of rolling a Picard Maneuver.

Note 1: The actual odds are a bit lowers than this because rolling lots of Threat will lower the odds a bit, but not a lot and I can't be arsed to work out the exact odds.

There's also the chance that I got my figures horribly wrong but whatever the figures actually are, I'm sure the gist is in the rough ballpark.

Anyway, long story short. The chances of rolling the weaker Picard Maneuver is about 4 times lower than the better Warp Speed. Maybe the Picard Maneuver needs to be made easier (such as only 2 Commanders). But then, I'm not the designer of the variant. Be that as it may, it's still a good ship design. Well done Nick.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Could I clarify something concerning the Picard Maneuvre (apart from the spelling of Manoeuver, I assume that in the future we will be using the American spelling).


I wasn't sure I spelled it correctly on the graphic. I only looked it up afterwards.

xris wrote:
Is the only way to perform the Picard Maneuver by rolling a "natural" 3+ Commanders to begin with? You can't roll 2 Commanders and use one of them to change a Crew to a Commander (to get the third Commander)?


Yes, that's right.

xris wrote:
With Warp Speed, it's possible to perform this even if you roll 0, 1 or 2 Engineering as long as you roll enough Commanders.


True. But I found I usually used those commanders to turn dice into Tactical to get the photon torpedoes, as they will usually destroy some threats (except those at level 4 health) which is a better overall decision than just warping out the way for a bit.

xris wrote:
In my CDO mind (CDO is a lot like OCD except it's ordered alphabetically as it should be) it seems odd that it's so much more difficult to achieve the Picard Maneuver than to achieve Warp Speed (considering Warp Speed is the better of the two manoeuvers).


That's true. I'd not really thought about that. I was going for what felt more thematic really. Originally I had it down that you needed 1 Commander, 1 Tactical and 1 Engineering dice to perform the maneuver, but that seemed overly complicated (I never remembered which dice I needed to do it), and as I'd called it the Picard Maneuver, it made more sense to require 3 Commander. But I do see your point on the odds.

Thematically: I guess just warping out of the area is technically easier - hit the 'go to warp' button and sit and wait until you think you're far enough away. Performing the Picard Maneuver - warping for just a fraction of a second to a little way away so the ship looks like it's in two places at once, confusing your enemies - seemed like a far more complicated maneuver to perform. Practically, it doesn't reduce the number of threats you still have to end up facing (but you do know what's about to come up from the threat deck with a Picard Maneuver so you may be able to sort of plan what to do), but statistically you're correct - it's far less likely.

I had originally had the Warp Speed require *4* Engineering dice, but I found I barely ever used it, and any Commander dice I had I used to convert other dice to Tactical (as I mentioned above) instead of Engineering. That's why I put it back down to 3.

I also considered allowing you to 'store up' dice on the Warp Speed and Picard Maneuver spots so you can build up over the rounds. I found I almost always ended up needing to recall them before I'd activated the move though. I could put something like that back in though, at least for the Picard Maneuver? Would that make it a little more balanced do you think?

xris wrote:
Be that as it may, it's still a good ship design. Well done Nick.


Thanks Chris, much appreciated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amethyst246 wrote:
I played two games with the ship last night. I prefer the title "Inverse Tacheon Pulse" btw; it felt weird to "Deflector Beam" the threats with the science dice.


Okay, I may change that then. I do like technobabble.

amethyst246 wrote:
I almost never was able to fire the torpedoes, which made for a very difficult game. It's killer to only be able to do a max of two damage each turn when you're rolling poorly. This is what killed me the first game.


Yes, I agree! I started off having each phaser shot doing 2 damage, but I won the games far too easily like that. I then tried 1 dice doing 1 damage but 2 dice doing 3 damage (much like the original ship) but I was concerned it was too powerful when combined with the photon torpedoes. So I figured making it harder, but allowing you to warp out the way if threats have built up too much to handle, was a nice alternative.

amethyst246 wrote:
The second game I played felt very tense at the end, and I was anxious every time I rolled. I like that tension; thumbs up for the ship

PS thanks for giving medical both abilities. The prototype only had one and I hated all the wasted medical dice I ended up with


Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'd flitted between giving medical the ability to recover dice locked in the scanners or not, but ended up including it as I always forgot NOT to do it when I was trying just the infirmary recall.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael Genereux
msg tools
doesn't warping out make you win instantly? if you go top step 4 with no external threats you win the game and warping makes it so their are no threats at the end of step 3 so instant win right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Tennison
United States
Lawndale
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelg316 wrote:
doesn't warping out make you win instantly? if you go top step 4 with no external threats you win the game and warping makes it so their are no threats at the end of step 3 so instant win right?


I had this confusion with the rules too. To win:

1. There are no more threats for you to draw
AND
2. You have destroyed all external threats

The AND is implied, and threw me for quite a loop.

(edited for grammar)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael Genereux
msg tools
amethyst246 wrote:


I had this confusion with the rules too. To win:

1. There are no more threats for you to draw
AND
2. You have destroyed all external threats

The AND is implied, and threw me for quite a loop.

(edited for grammar)


o snap that makes winning even harder thanks for the help
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valéry Dehongher
France
savigny le temple
Seine et Marne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amethyst246 wrote:
I played two games with the ship last night. I prefer the title "Inverse Tacheon Pulse" btw; it felt weird to "Deflector Beam" the threats with the science dice.

I warped out three or four times, the last one at the very end when there were only two threats left; it seemed wiser to clear the board and stagger them than continue the massive pileup that was happening.

I almost never was able to fire the torpedoes, which made for a very difficult game. It's killer to only be able to do a max of two damage each turn when you're rolling poorly. This is what killed me the first game.

I had several opportunities to do the Picard maneuver, but they never seemed to come at a good time. Too early in the game, or when I only had one threat out.

The second game I played felt very tense at the end, and I was anxious every time I rolled. I like that tension; thumbs up for the ship


I add the following option: For each day, I can use a crew member (index) for an action that is not his. Only at the end of the round he goes to the infirmary instead of coming back in my hand. This allows a better mastery of the dice
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amethyst246 wrote:
michaelg316 wrote:
doesn't warping out make you win instantly? if you go top step 4 with no external threats you win the game and warping makes it so their are no threats at the end of step 3 so instant win right?


I had this confusion with the rules too. To win:

1. There are no more threats for you to draw
AND
2. You have destroyed all external threats

The AND is implied, and threw me for quite a loop.

(edited for grammar)


Yep, correct. If you warp out of the area with no threats left in the threat deck, you're just putting all those threats you warped away from straight back into the empty threat deck, thus you then have threats to draw from again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone over in the comments on the kick did a quick & dirty LCARS layout.. you may want to take a look.. it would be kinda cool to tweak this up and theme it out for a little fan PnP ship!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aroncraig wrote:
Someone over in the comments on the kick did a quick & dirty LCARS layout.. you may want to take a look.. it would be kinda cool to tweak this up and theme it out for a little fan PnP ship!


I was tempted, but currently I don't have enough time to make a nice looking LCARS layout. It would indeed be very cool and thematic though. Maybe if I can find a few hours spare...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I had a few minutes to try designing an LCARS-like threat display for the threat card layouts for this variant. Thoughts?



(I'm not to happy about the slight up-slash of the hyphen in the threat action, but it's a font called Roddenberry which has a great look. May just use a different font for that hyphen).

I'd like to do something similar for the main board, but that'll take a lot longer, as there's a lot more information to display (plus I can't find a decent graphic of the dorsal view of the Enterprise D in an LCARS layout. Plenty of them in a side-view, so may just go for that in the end!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out DoomGloom Dungeon!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That Threat card looks good!

Couple of things I would personally change:

♦ The dash (slash) as you suggest
♦ I'd remove the grid over the ship.
♦ I'd have all the 'Level x' text the same size but put the correct level in a slightly larger size, e.g:

Level 4
LEVEL 3
Level 2
Level 1

(ok, may be not that big but you get the idea )
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickydude wrote:
That Threat card looks good!

Couple of things I would personally change:

♦ The dash (slash) as you suggest
♦ I'd remove the grid over the ship.
♦ I'd have all the 'Level x' text the same size but put the correct level in a slightly larger size, e.g:

Level 4
LEVEL 3
Level 2
Level 1


Thanks! Great suggestions. I wanted to do the grid much more subdued, but that was the thinnest lines I could get the grid at (I have limited design packages available to use - basically just MS Publisher and Paint.NET - so have a limit to what I can create). I wanted the grid to look like a short-range scan, so the grid made sense, but it does kind of overpower the ship image. I'll see if changing the colour of the grid lines to dark grey looks better. If not, I'll just box the image with no gridlines.

Nice idea about the levels' text size. Again, I couldn't decide how to show it. I originally wanted alert levels, like RED, YELLOW, etc, but I discovered that although there are infact 4 Federation threat levels (red, yellow, blue, gray), only red and yellow are 'sequential'. Blue and Gray are used for very different alerts; they're not lower level than yellow. So keeping the level numbers seemed best, but I also didn't want to just show the level as a number - hence having all 4 levels showing, but highlighting the actual level the ship causes. I like the idea of having the other levels small and just the real level large. I'll try that out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
njshaw2 wrote:
I wanted to do the grid much more subdued, but that was the thinnest lines I could get the grid at (I have limited design packages available to use - basically just MS Publisher and Paint.NET - so have a limit to what I can create). I wanted the grid to look like a short-range scan, so the grid made sense, but it does kind of overpower the ship image. I'll see if changing the colour of the grid lines to dark grey looks better. If not, I'll just box the image with no gridlines.

Changing the colour of the grid to somewhere between 30%-70% grey should help in that respect.

I would also warn about making the lines too thin because once printed you may find the lines will all but disappear. Inkjet printers are the worst offenders as the ink tends to spread slightly once printed so a fine line can easily disappear over a black background.

You may want to look at installing GIMP. It's free and quite powerful, but like any software package it can be mind-bogglingly frustrating to make it do what you want
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
You may want to look at installing GIMP. It's free and quite powerful, but like any software package it can be mind-bogglingly frustrating to make it do what you want


Thanks for the advice, Chris! I've used GIMP before, and found it so fiddly to do what I wanted vs what I was used to at the time (Paintshop Pro, which did everything I needed) that I gave up with it. Paint.NET now does 95% of what I ever need to do anyway. Will consider going back to GIMP though if need be...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, next draft of the threat card:

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Looks good but can you make the grid lines go behind the Warbird... joking...

I prefer the "Level" font to increase (as you had it before). That's just my personal taste so please do it as you prefer.

I notice a fine orange line to the right of the Level 3 and Level 1 box. I don't mind that but would prefer consistency that it's either there for all of the Level boxes or none of them.

There will be a difference between the printed version and what we see now on the computer screen (and there will be differences between printers, especially Inkjets and Laser printers). What sort of printer do you have Nick? I use a Epson Inkjet myself so I can give feedback on that once you have the high res version available. 300 dpi (750 x 525) would be nice
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.