Popular Tags: [View All]
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to jump in and buy this, but the cost is quite prohibitive.

I'd gladly take lower quality components if they could get the price back down to what I'm used to spending on a game.

Any chance of this, or is it just wishful thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your best bet is probably to buy a secondhand copy of the previous edition, Age of Empires III, it's the same game, and not really all that much less deluxe to be totally honest. This new version has deflated the prices for the older edition a bit too. Although not as much as I expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only really deluxe are the metal coins. Apart from that it's not much different to the normal edition (builder expansion included, and some additional player colors in the kickstarter version).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Older edition has been selling for about $40 to $50. That'd be your only other option. Or wait for a sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies!

It would have been nice to have a way to get a less fancy version new rather than the hassle of buying used.

I get the appeal of deluxe editions for a game I know and love, but sometimes I just want to play a cheap(er) copy to enjoy the gameplay and mechanics without worrying (as much) about cost and damage to components etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.