Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
The last line of our national anthem goes:

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

These are not empty words. The whole world respects America's bravery. Especially our bravery in fighting for the freedoms, we hold dear.

In the past, when the US has been attacked, we have stood tall and declared that our attackers will never take away our Freedoms and then they have felt our wrath!

Last week terrorists killed over 120 innocent people in France and now many US political leaders are trying to appease the terrorists!!! South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is a good example of that. Before the attack she was ready to accept refugees, after the attack, she isn't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11...

Unfortunately, she isn't the only one! Cowardly arguments are coming out of the mouths of many politicians. They are disgusting and un-American. If a politician was willing to accept refugees before the attack, changing course and refusing them because of a terrorist attack is nothing less than appeasement. Why are we putting up with this? Why isn't there an outcry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have courted votes based on fear and ignorance...well the beast must be fed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Trump, the GOP Chickens have come home to roost. Fear gets out the votes. But building their voter base on fear and ignorance whilst using talk radio and echo chambers to whip up xenophobic frenzies have created a monster. Now the GOP business elites don't want a hateful Populist-Fascist candidate, but too late.* Too late for Iowa and NH at least. Maybe the GOP will split and we can have 3 or 4 parties in the US again.

*Or they could bypass the voters and go back to the Kennedy/Nixon model of backroom party dealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
BFoy wrote:
Last week terrorists killed over 120 innocent people in France and now many US political leaders are trying to appease the terrorists!!! South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is a good example of that. Before the attack she was ready to accept refugees, after the attack, she isn't.

Unfortunately, she isn't the only one! Cowardly arguments are coming out of the mouths of many politicians. They are disgusting and un-American. If a politician was willing to accept refugees before the attack, changing course and refusing them because of a terrorist attack is nothing less than appeasement. Why are we putting up with this? Why isn't there an outcry!

So you're saying the terrorists attacked Paris to try to get the US to reject Syrian refugees? Have the terrorists stated that was their purpose?

In any case, the governors want to reject refugees because they see them as a security risk - some of them might be future terrorists. I disagree with their reasoning, but that's what they are saying.

It seems to me the refugees hate ISIS and terrorists more than anyone. And would be glad to report suspicious people in their midst to the FBI if we gave them the chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tesuji wrote:
BFoy wrote:

So you're saying the terrorists attacked Paris to try to get the US to reject Syrian refugees? Have the terrorists stated that was their purpose?

In any case, the governors want to reject refugees because they see them as a security risk - some of them might be future terrorists. I disagree with their reasoning, but that's what they are saying.

It seems to me the refugees hate ISIS and terrorists more than anyone. And would be glad to report suspicious people in their midst to the FBI if we gave them the chance.
Actually yes, I can believe that ISIS could be using this in part to create division and suspicion (as well as resentment). In fact the refugee crisis may act as a better recruiting tool than all the bombs the Americans can drop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
AdamTracey wrote:
You traded freedoms for security after 9/11 and you'll do it again. Just like every other country.

It is possible that after 9/11 our laws were too focused on improving security and infringed upon our personal freedoms. But the rest of what you are saying is crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BFoy wrote:
In the past, when the US has been attacked, we have stood tall and declared that our attackers will never take away our Freedoms and then they have felt our wrath!

Oh really ? try taking a kids snow globe onto an airplane without removing your shoes.

you gave up your freedoms long ago, hell one school shooting and all you leftists are ready to throw in the towel on the 2nd amendment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamTracey wrote:
BFoy wrote:
Why isn't there an outcry!

Because they are just empty words. It's just a song. Despite what you seem to believe, nobody outside the US thinks you are exceptionally brave. You traded freedoms for security after 9/11 and you'll do it again. Just like every other country.

I hate to have to be the one to point it out, but I think you missed just a *TON* of irony in the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
BFoy wrote:

Oh really ? try taking a kids snow globe onto an airplane without removing your shoes.

you gave up your freedoms long ago, hell one school shooting and all you leftists are ready to throw in the towel on the 2nd amendment.

There has only been one school shooting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:

just because one or two gun owners are crazy mass murderers doesnt mean all of them are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
BFoy wrote:
If a politician was willing to accept refugees before the attack, changing course and refusing them because of a terrorist attack is nothing less than appeasement.

With a massive side order of pandering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing to worry about...
When the poopy hits the fan someone will give you a weapon and tell you to follow so-and-so.
Probably a hundred Americans die in Car wrecks every day, and perhaps ten thousand die from other things every day.
What's really bothersome is that here you've got people living in Paris of all places, and they're running around shooting and exploding bombs. Gawd, if I lived in Paris and even had to commute from my Muslim apartment block to get to the Place de Concorde, that is the last thing I would do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
By definition, people who want to flee the Islamic State are enemies of the IS. Now, IS' attack has succeeded in harming its enemies by effectively denying them safe haven in one of the greatest countries on the planet.

Congratulations, governors, for handing IS this victory through your ignorance and cowardice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
BFoy wrote:
The last line of our national anthem goes:

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

These are not empty words. The whole world respects America's bravery. Especially our bravery in fighting for the freedoms, we hold dear.

I will not be lectured by a leftist pansy on bravery or honor. You have neither. You are the first in line to take away rights from law abiding citizens, and otherwise undermine liberty.

Take your lecture and every dumb fuck who thumbed it to your liberal pansy safe zone in Cuba.

And later we awkwardly find out that the OP is a veteran and Koldfoot is a draft dodger...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Janssen
msg tools
You can always vote with your wallet against the decisions made by the politicians that were voted into power with your ballot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf
Switzerland
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
AdamTracey wrote:
BFoy wrote:
Why isn't there an outcry!

Because they are just empty words. It's just a song. Despite what you seem to believe, nobody outside the US thinks you are exceptionally brave. You traded freedoms for security after 9/11 and you'll do it again. Just like every other country.

I hate to have to be the one to point it out, but I think you missed just a *TON* of irony in the OP.

Nonono, I have been lurking in RSP for years now and can assure you there is no irony here. None. Nada. Sarcasm, yes, but none of that european stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
toku42 wrote:
By definition, people who want to flee the Islamic State are enemies of the IS. Now, IS' attack has succeeded in harming its enemies by effectively denying them safe haven in one of the greatest countries on the planet.

Congratulations, governors, for handing IS this victory through your ignorance and cowardice.

Damn definitions, and ignorance. 80% of the "refugees" are not refugees by any measure. They are economic migrants using the war as cover, and most aren't even from Syria, nor any war zone.

man, everyone was gonna let this pass without a [#citation needed] ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
toku42 wrote:

Damn definitions, and ignorance. 80% of the "refugees" are not refugees by any measure. They are economic migrants using the war as cover, and most aren't even from Syria, nor any war zone.

what use is that? I don't think "his ass" is that good of a source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
toku42 wrote:

what use is that? I don't think "his ass" is that good of a source.
I;d say it's pretty leshit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
France gets attacked by terrorists not 5 days ago, today vows to take in 30,000 Syrian Refugees.

And here is my Governor vowing to stop all refugee's cause "people are scared".

Fucking cowards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
windsagio wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
toku42 wrote:

koldfoot is like the demented grand aunt at family gatherings - just let her ramble on she will have forgotten about her own nonsense soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
France gets attacked by terrorists not 5 days ago, today vows to take in 30,000 Syrian Refugees.

And here is my Governor vowing to stop all refugee's cause "people are scared".

Fucking cowards.

Burger munching bed wetters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
This thread is what ISIS wants.
Well then you can defeat them by whinging to your governor and telling him not to surrender to fear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
This thread is what ISIS wants.

YOU are what ISIS wants. Congratulations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.