Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it true that having armour of 1 means it has no effect atll? I have been told that you divide damage by armour value This means that a value of 1 for your armour has the same effect as 0. True?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal Rahhali
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pretty sure the rules don't mention dividing at all. Your total armor value gets subtracted from the total damage you were dealt, unless all or some of the damage was caused by the pierce ability. Pierce ignores armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoever told you that confused Descent with Doom. In that game, you divide damage by armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:
Whoever told you that confused Descent with Doom. In that game, you divide damage by armor.

That is interesting. We were playing Doom before my friend bought Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would suggest reading the rule book.

The answer to your question is no. If you have 1 armor and take 1 damage then 1-1 = 0 wounds.

If you have 1 armor and take 2 damage, then 2-1 = 1 wound. It is that easy, there is no division. Just basic addition and subtraction.

If you add in Pierce it makes it a little harder, but it is still very basic.

1d 1p vs 1a = 1w
2d 1p vs 1a = 2w
1d 2p vs 1a = 1w
4d 3p vs 5a = 2w

Pierce only subtracts from your armor. Once you reduce your armor, you then apply damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:

This, you're confusing Doom with Descent.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.