Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
If the only attacking air factors come from PARA units, does the attacker still roll against defending air units? It's possible the attacker could hit if the defending air units have "+" triangles, even though the attack strength is zero.

The map's phrasing about PARA units suggests they can only be damaged, but it's not really clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
If the only attacking air factors come from PARA units, does the attacker still roll against defending air units? It's possible the attacker could hit if the defending air units have "+" triangles, even though the attack strength is zero.

The map's phrasing about PARA units suggests they can only be damaged, but it's not really clear.

Thanks for this Drake, I had to look it up myself. The rules on this point are:

"6. Resolving Combat Rounds, update this paragraph.
See the specific section for each type of Round to determine your total attacking Factors. In all cases, if any of your units have 1 or more printed Factors of the type for that Round, then the minimum number of Factors you can have after all modifications is 1."

What I intended, but did not state, was the corollary:

"If none of your units have 1 or more printed Factors, then your side does not roll."

So please consider that added, and I'll put it in the Errata. No, the PARA does not shoot back.

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.