Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the special rule about the Maginot Line being attacked through Belgium, I'm not entirely sure what "defensive Land Factors" means. Is the following accurate?

a. Treat the ground strength as zero.
b. Ignore the red triangles.
c. The unit must still be eliminated normally for any attacker to advance into Paris.
d. You still apply the FORT size bonus to ARM when determining if advance is allowed.

Does this sound right?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword of Damocles
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Alexander is gonna get Crushed CC:E Xmas 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
I have much the same question, answer very appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
Regarding the special rule about the Maginot Line being attacked through Belgium, I'm not entirely sure what "defensive Land Factors" means. Is the following accurate?

a. Treat the ground strength as zero.
b. Ignore the red triangles.
c. The unit must still be eliminated normally for any attacker to advance into Paris.
d. You still apply the FORT size bonus to ARM when determining if advance is allowed.

Does this sound right?

Thanks!

Hi Drake,

Happy to clarify for this unique unit.

a. No, this is not correct. The Maginot Line unit always gets to fire back with its Land Factors.
b. Yes, attacking Germans ignore the Maginot's red triangles if any attacking land units attack from somewhere other than Western Germany.
c. Yes, you still have to destroy the Maginot Line unit in order for Germany to take control of Paris.
d. Yes, you still apply the FORT size bonus for the Maginot Line, even if its red triangles are not able to be used.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect Dave, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:

What's an ARM unit?

Edit: Never Mind...the definition is on the legend on the Map.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map description of the Maginot line uses "defensive land factors" when describing what the Maginot line unit does not use when attacked from Bel-Netherlands. The problem is the the rule book unit illustration on p. 14 calls the number inside the land box "Land Factors" and the triangles inside the land box "Defensive Factors." From the map description, it would not be an unreasonable assumption that attacking from Bel-Netherlands causes everything inside the land box--number and triangles--to go away.

David, your post says that only the Maginot Line "Defensive Factors"--the triangles-- are ignored if the unit is attacked from Bel-Netherlands. Since I'm just about to start my plunge into this game by playing the first scenario, I want to be sure this is the case, and suggest a map errata in necessary to clarify your intent.

A WiF fan from way back, I am fascinated by the new game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.